Woman's nail ripped off after manicure with super strength acrylic glue

A mum who lost her entire fingernail when it was ripped off after a manicure says the pain was worse than childbirth.

Toni Little, 25, lost her nail when she accidentally sat on her own hand after getting a manicure for which the salon technician allegedly used super strength glue to attach the acrylic nails.

Toni, who used to wear acrylics regularly, had chosen long red and silver sparkly nails at an independent salon in Fife.

A few weeks after the manicure the mum of two accidentally sat on her own hand, causing the false nail to come off – ripping off her natural nail underneath along with it.

Warning: The image below shows the nail bed after the nail was ripped off, which may be distressing to some. 

Toni says she was immediately in unbearable pain and rushed straight to the doctor.

She said: ‘I know if you put too much pressure on the tip it can snap.

‘I just sat on my hand awkwardly and my full nail came away from my finger, there was just flesh.

‘I got the instant pain straight away.

‘The doctor advised me to clean the wound in salt water and keep it wrapped up for three days.’

While recovering from the injury Toni said she was unable to take care of her two daughters, aged four and two, leaving fiancé Arron on nappy duty.

Toni was told her nail may never grow back, but thankfully nine months on it has started to recover.

Toni has shared her story to warn others of the dangers of acrylic nails. She says she’ll never wear false nails again.

‘I was lucky that the nail grew back but it’s so weak and frail and the regrowth was so painful,’ said Toni.

‘My nail is absolutely ruined.

‘I would never get acrylics done again and I wouldn’t recommend anyone to get them. People should stay well away from them.

‘Is it really worth the risk of losing your full nail and going through the unbearable pain of having your full nail ripped from its bed and having nothing but flesh on show.

‘It’s just not worth it. The pain I felt for month was just sickening. Even if I just banged it, it was so sensitive. My husband hated seeing me in so much pain.

‘My nail will always have nerve damage and acrylics can be so dangerous for your nails.

‘I only lost one but the rest are only just getting back into good condition nine months later.

‘I’ve had two children and I’d rather go through labour again.

‘It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. The pain on a scale of one to 10 was a 10. I can’t even describe it.’

If you have a story of a beauty treatment gone wrong, get in touch with [email protected] 

Source: Read Full Article