Kate Middleton often wears the same outfits, or versions of them, again and again. This has been well-documented. And it appears she is taking a similar approach when it comes to dressing her young children. Of course, she has her reasons. Five reasons to be exact. At least according to the handful of experts who spoke to the Daily Mail.
1) She wants to avoid creating a shopping frenzy around the designers and brands her kids are wearing. Even so, whatever outfits the children wear sell out online almost instantly. Hardly surprising given that digital marketing company Rakuten Marketing ranks George and Charlotte as the second and fourth most influential celebrity youngsters in the children’s fashion market respectively.
2) She wants to show the world that royals are just like everyone else. They too wear the same outfit more than once. Even in official state portraits. This is also why she usually dresses them in affordable clothes, rather then the designer pieces favored by American celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Beyoncé.
3) She wants to limit the media attention the children receive. The last thing she wants is photographers constantly trying to get pics of the kids’ latest outfits.
4) She’s a traditionalist and wants to keep them away from anything too gimmicky or trendy. She wants her kids to be kids, not trendsetters. Of course, her devotion to traditional childrenswear has apparently caused a resurgence in the popularity of such clothes in the U.K., but there’s nothing to be done about that. Those kids could probably make garbage bags a trend. At least she makes a point of favoring smaller brands and local designers over big, multinational conglomerates.
5) She’s trying to create a connection between her kids and the past through their clothes. She often dresses George in outfits similar to those worn by William when he was George’s age. For Charlotte’s christening, she dressed him in a red shorts outfit nearly identical to one worn by William when he met his newborn baby brother, Prince Harry, in 1984.
Thankfully, Kate has yet to embrace the late Princess Diana’s love of mommy-and-me outfits. Poor William and Harry probably still look back on those photos and cringe.
From: Cosmopolitan US
Source: Read Full Article