MAY half term is going to be an even bigger deal than usual this year, as it's the first time people in England can go on holiday with others outside their household.
From May 17, groups of up to six people from different households or unlimited numbers of people from two households can share a holiday let together.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue
Hotels, hostels and B&Bs are also allowed to reopen on that date.
School holiday and term time dates can vary depending on which part of the country you live in, but for most schools, the May half-term in 2021 is set to start on Monday May 31 and last for one week.
It's a great time to get away for a UK break with the kids before the crowds and prices hike up in the school summer holidays.
Some of the best deals are:
- Haven Holidays 3-night break from £324 per stay
- Haven Holidays 4-night break from £370 per stay
- Park Holidays UK 3-night breaks from £367 per stay
- Park Holidays UK 4-night breaks from £419 per stay
- Pontins May Half Term family breaks from £129 per stay
- Away Resorts breaks from £306 per stay
- Park Leisure Holidays breaks from £319 per stay
- John Fowler breaks from £259 per stay
- Holiday cottages 7-night breaks from £499 per stay
- Hoseasons breaks from £305 per stay
- Breakfree Holidays 3-night Norfolk breaks from £249 per stay
- Breakfree Holidays 3-night Dorset & Somerset breaks from £385 per stay
- Sykes cottages breaks from £367 per stay
- Hotels:Booking.com from £47 per room, per night
- Premier Inn Coastal beach hotels from £50 per room, per night
- Brittania Hotels in Bournemouth from £58 per room, per night
- Butlin's May half term breaks from £285 per stay
- Airbnb May half term breaks from £182 per stay
Self-catered holidays and sites such as caravan parks have already been welcoming guests since they reopened on April 12, though currently you can only share accommodation with your own household.
The next stage of lockdown easing will take place from May 17 – Boris Johnson's third stage of the roadmap.
It's worth noting though, that the dates for coming out of lockdown are not set in stone.
The planned easing of restrictions will only happen on the condition that coronavirus cases stay low and vaccines roll out at pace, but the Prime Minister has reiterated recently that he is confident it will go ahead as planned.
If you're looking for more staycation inspiration, we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.
There are also great UK coach trips for families and campsites with availability for summer.
Alternatively, we've found holiday park party weekenders, cheap staycation breaks with hot tubs and treehouse stays.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article