THE UK is to experience a second heatwave this week, with temperatures hitting 26C.
Following weeks of strong winds and downpours, it is great news for Brits wanting to book a last minute staycation this weekend.
The sunny weather is expected to hit from Tuesday, as Met Office graphs show a 600-mile "subtropical swell" of warmer air sweeping in across the Atlantic.
Holidays abroad have been taken off the menu this summer after last-minute travel quarantines and restrictions left many of the popular destinations closed to Brits.
Spain, France, Malta and Croatia are just some of the destinations you're unable to visit without quarantining in the UK, as well as Greece and Portugal depending where you are arriving in the UK.
Instead, this year has been all about the UK staycation, as campsites and holiday resorts sold out during the summer holidays.
Thankfully, with the better weather returning this weekend, there are still some great last-minute deals if you want to get away.
Some are as cheap as £5 each, per night – here are some of the best deals you can book for this week, from long holidays to a night at a hotel:
- One night at Britannia Hotels – from £29 per night
- One night at Premier Inn seaside hotels – from £29 per night
- One night at UK hotel with Booking.com – from £40 per night
- Three nights with Pontins – from £59
- Three nights in UK cottages and apartments with Snaptrip – from £149
- Three nights with Warner Leisure Hotel – from £199pp
- Two nights with Parkdean – from £199
- Three nights with Park Holidays – from £218
- Three nights with Haven Holidays – from £219
- Three nights with Sykes Cottages – from £232
If you want a quirky staycation, you can stay in a converted train, windmill or shepherds hut from £30pp per night.
Here are some of our tips on how to make the most of your staycation holiday this year.
Where to go, the rules to follow and even where to go for the best cream tea are are all explained.
Source: Read Full Article