HALF of Brits are reportedly planning on taking multiple UK breaks once lockdown restrictions lift.
This is leading to holiday shortages in popular staycation destinations – but those who haven't yet booked can still get a great deal.
A survey of 1,366 Travelzoo members found that almost half of UK holidaymakers plan on taking at least THREE UK breaks once lockdown restrictions are finally lifted.
Top UK destinations for 2021 include the Lake District, London, the south-west and Scotland.
London is at number two overall, with the capital seen as a longer-stay tourism destination.
Though many of these destinations are seeing an accommodation shortage as Brits book up holidays for later in the year, there are still deals to be had.
Some of the best are:
The Lake District
- Hotel rooms from £99 per night – find here
- Haven Holidays in June from £180 per stay – find here
- Holiday homes, lodges and cottages with Snaptrip from £376 – find here
- Hotel rooms from £99 and Serviced Apartments from £109 per night – find here
- Cornwall Hotel rooms from £69 per night – find here
- Devon Hotel rooms from £84 per night – find here
- Dorset Hotel rooms from £78 per night – find here
- Somerset Hotel rooms from £49 per night – find here
- Haven Holidays – South West Holiday home stays from £139 – find here
- Cornwall Holiday homes, lodges and cottages with Snaptrip from £295 – find here
- Edinburgh Hotel rooms from £99 per night – find here
- Holiday homes, lodges and cottages with Snaptrip from £332 – find here
- Haven Holidays from £125 – find here
The poll also found that 42 per cent of Brits will take one to two domestic trips this year, with a third planning to take three-night breaks and one in five saying they will take a week-long break.
The majority of those polled (80 per cent) would travel in the UK when restrictions allow without a vaccine, but more half would not take a long-haul trip without it.
Refundable and flexible deals emerged a important factors, with 43 per cent saying the ability to refund their booking is the most important thing when considering holidays.
Though it's not possible to travel at the moment due to the UK lockdown, banning all non-essential travel, you can get a break planned for later in the year.
Most read in News Travel
I'm a hotel worker and here's the only way to guarantee clean sheets in a room
Passenger goes to extreme lengths for comfort on plane – shocking cabin crew
Spain holiday warning as unvaxxed kids banned from country
Tiktok influencer claims outrageous hack for smuggling booze through airport
For those looking to stick to the UK, holiday parks are offering huge bargains – some of which start from £3pp a night.
Newmarket Holidays have 15 per cent off 2021 coach trip breaks and there are cheap quirky homes to rent and Bridgerton-inspired stays too.
Theme parks also have discounts on short breaks, including up to 30 per cent off at Thorpe Park, up to 40 per cent off at Alton Towers and stays at Legoland from £30pp with kids getting to go for free.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
Source: Read Full Article