PUBS are set to reopen in England from July 4, as the government continues to ease lockdown restrictions.
But are pubs reopening in Scotland and Wales and why are the rules different? Here is what we know.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
When are pubs reopening in Scotland and Wales?
On June 24 it was announced by the Scottish government that pubs could reopen from July 6 while pubs and restaurants can fully reopen from July 15.
However, in Wales, the government are still to decide a reopening date for pubs.
Wales is the only one of the UK nations without a planned reopening date for pubs.
Plaid Cymru and the Welsh Conservatives have called for a timetable.
Finance Minister Rebecca Evans said discussions were taking place with the industry. "I want to reassure you that the work is actively ongoing," she said.
Why are the dates different across the UK?
Each nation in the UK has taken control of their own lockdown restrictions.
It is up to each nation's government to decide when to open the pubs in their own country without causing a second wave of the virus.
What are the pub social distancing rules in Scotland and Wales?
Both Scottish and Welsh pubs will issue guidance to keep pub staff and customers safe.
Although it has not been announced it could be the case that they issue the same rules as England.
- One in, one out – there will be a limited entry to pubs which will include the “one in, one out” method
- Outdoor table service – All hospitality indoors will be limited to table service and all outdoor table service should be encouraged though customers are permitted to stay socially distant
- Disposable cutlery – items such as cutlery and condiments will only be provided when food is ordered by customers.
- No loud music – venues are also told that customers aren’t forced to raise their voices to talk with the English guidelines explaining: “This includes, but is not limited to, refraining from playing music or broadcasts that may encourage shouting, including if played at a volume that makes normal conversation difficult.”
- Increased hygiene – hand sanitiser should be available to all customers and handwashing facilities must include “running waning and liquid soap”
Can I visit pubs in Scotland or Wales if I live in England?
Pubs are currently closed in Wales and Scotland but it will be up to the public to follow government guidance on whether they should visit pubs across borders.
Source: Read Full Article