King Charles won't be drawn into a war of words with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle unless there's an attack on Camilla, the Queen Consort, an expert has claimed.

So far, the King's wife Camilla has escaped any barbs from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in their bombshell Netflix series, but the final three shows in the six-part series hits screens on Thursday.

Royal expert Jennie Bond is concerned at what could be in store in those episodes, and says there is just one thing that will make the King speak out.

READ MORE: Cop overdoses and 'looked deceased' after wind blows drugs into her body

Speaking with OK!, Ms Bond said: “The three words that come to mind when I consider how the Royal Family must be feeling during the run up to the release of the next three episodes are despairing, dismayed and disappointed.

“They’ll be hurt and pained. Charles must be distraught that this is going on and on.”

She went on: “It’s really unlikely Charles will respond to Harry and Meghan’s documentary unless there is a direct hit on Camilla.

“He and his staff are well aware that if you comment on a story, it gives it legs.

“The best way to shut it down is silence. And Charles probably believes it more graceful and dignified to respond, if he’s going to, in private.”

Bond also said the series was "utterly self-indulgent and terribly timed" at a time when people are choosing "between heating and eating".

  • More Brit women becoming 'stay-at-home girlfriends' and reliant on their boyfriends

She said: “It is utterly self-indulgent and terribly timed when people are choosing between heating or eating in the middle of winter. And they are releasing six hours of whining.

"They put themselves forward publicly as advocates of healing when all they are doing is hurting people. There is nothing healing about this. And judging by the trailers, it will only get worse.”

She said Harry should have listened to his big brother, who advised him not to rush things with the former actress.

“All that I can see is that Prince William was right all along when he said Meghan was woefully unprepared to enter the royal family,” she said.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here

READ NEXT:

  • Netflix slammed after expert debunks Harry and Meghan 'fake' press intrusion pic

  • Meghan and Harry have blown privacy 'out of the water' with upcoming Netflix doc

  • Princess Diana's ex-butler Paul Burrell demands Harry and Meghan be stripped of titles

  • Kate Middleton to lead royal 'united front' at service as Harry and Meghan's Netflix finale airs

Source: Read Full Article