A loyal dog raced home to get help for its owner after she was fatally injured by a dangling electricity wire.

Ulyana Shkramada, 24, a private English language tutor, collapsed and died instantly from a 220 volt electric shock police enforcement in St Petersburg, Russia.

Reports say the German Shepherd ran home, howling and scratching at the door for Ulyana’s roommate to come and help in the early hours of the morning.

Her roommate, named as Ekaterina, 25, rushed out to search for Ulyana and found her body close to the lamppost.

A neighbour called Kirill said the pet was clearly deeply distressed, seeking help and alerting her friends to the terrible accident.


  • Inside rat-infested flat where dementia patient found dead amid towers of rubbish

  • Ruthless Irish gangs copying Mexican cartels by dismembering victims to scare rivals

"I woke up at 4am because the dog was howling,” he said.

“I went out to check.

“I saw the dog with its leash.

“It was howling and scratching at the entrance's door.”

Ekaterina immediately went out looking for her friend, he said.


“I discovered later that she found her dead.”

Reports said that Ulyana’s mother had come from the family home in Lipetsk to collect her daughter’s body.

Street lighting company Lensvet offered her condolences and financial help.

The company claimed that the lamppost was in order but a strong wind could have broken a wire.

The Russian Investigative Committee opened the criminal case on the provision of “unsafe services”.

They are examining the lamppost and CCTV cameras nearby.

The dog was not hurt in the incident.

Source: Read Full Article