GHISLAINE Maxwell has launched a legal bid to keep secret another trove of dynamite files on her sordid sex life.
The British socialite, 58, said the transcripts of a lawsuit against Jeffrey Epstein sex slave Virginia Giuffre would influence her forthcoming criminal trial if released.
This is the same argument Maxwell used when she tried and failed last month to block the release of court files which were part of a 2016 defamation lawsuit brought by Ms Giuffre after Maxwell called her a liar.
The second batch of transcripts is expected to contain much more detail about Maxwell's private life and alleged links to Epstein’s sex-trafficking ring.
The second interview came after a judge ordered she answer more questions — having been evasive about Epstein and her sexual behaviour during the first seven hour grilling.
Maxwell is currently locked up in a New York jail on charges that she groomed girls for Epstein, who died in a New York jail in August last year.
Filing Maxwell's argument against the new release, her lawyer Laura A Menninger said: "There can be no doubt that matters concerning Ms Maxwell’s case have been excessively and extensively reported.
"The press, the government, and plaintiff have made every effort to try Ms Maxwell as a proxy for the now deceased Mr Epstein.
"The prejudice caused by the flood of coverage that comes with every new unsealing event in this case cannot be overstated."
This same argument was made when Maxwell tried to block the release of the first deposition, but a panel of judges last month determined the public had a right to access the documents.
There can be no doubt that matters concerning Ms Maxwell’s case have been excessively and extensively reported
In transcripts of that one Maxwell branded Virginia a liar 28 times and said she was an "awful fantasist" who made the allegations up.
At one point Maxwell became so furious she banged her hands on the table.
In sections of the files Prince Andrew’s name was blanked out as she was asked about the Duke’s link to Ms Giuffre, the Epstein sex slave he strongly denies sleeping with.
As reported, a source close to the legal case told The Sun about the second deposition.
They said: "Maxwell was asked to answer questions that she did not answer on the previous occasion.
"Prince Andrew did come up during the course of the interview."
Short extracts which are public include lawyer David Boies asking her if Ms Giuffre was underage when she gave Epstein massages.
She says: "I don’t really remember Virginia around that time.
"Only in the most general terms. It would be somebody who would give him a massage, and that’s it."
Ms Giuffre sued Maxwell in 2015 after the Brit called her a liar in regards to her allegations about Epstein.
A source close to Prince Andrew’s legal team said: "He has nothing to fear from the unsealing of any documents at any time.
"The truth will out, and soon."
It was reported that Andrew, 60, is keen to return to royal duties.
He strongly denies any wrongdoing.
Who is Virginia Giuffre?
- Mum-of-three Virginia Roberts, now Virginia Giuffre, 36, has alleged that she was procured by Ghislaine Maxwell – Epstein’s ex-lover – to work as a 'sex slave'
- Miss Roberts alleges she met Maxwell while working at Donald Trump's Mar-aLago resprt in Florida.
- Legal documents from a 2015 defamation case – released the day before Epstein killed himself – featured claims that Prince Andrew slept with Miss Roberts three times.
- The Duke of York strongly denies the allegations of sexual misconduct made against him.
- Giuffre says her account is '99 per cent true' but her own former lawyers have described it as 'fictionalised.'
- She claims she first met royal dad-of-two Prince Andrew on a trip to London in 2001 when she was 17 and Epstein and Maxwell were also there.
Source: Read Full Article