These are the horrendous injuries suffered by a Brazilian man who was attacked with a metal bar after a gang of thugs led by two girls took issue with him kissing his boyfriend.

It was the end of the night and Danilo Matta had just kissed his boyfriend goodnight outside his flat in North Dublin, Ireland, when he was approached by two girls and four men.

Without warning he was hit in the mouth twice with a steel bar and the 28-year-old feels sure he was attacked because of the kiss.

Danilo told Dublin Live : "I live above a pub in North Dublin. My boyfriend had left his bike tied there and we kissed and he cycled away.

"Once he was out of sight, the gang approached and said 'what's going on here?', speaking about the kiss they had just witnessed. There were two girls and four men and two of the men were on bikes.

"At this stage, I start to feel uneasy but before I can even respond, they hit me in the mouth with a steel bar.

"After this hit, I became dazed and confused and couldn't understand what had just happened. They hit me for a second time in the mouth and after that I grabbed my keys in my pocket and ran to the door for my apartment."

Danilo said that once the thugs realised the assault was happening outside his apartment, they all scrambled in opposite directions.

He continued: "I called the Gardai but they didn't come so I went to Kilmainham Garda Station the next day and reported it.

"I rang an ambulance and they arrived quickly. They were very helpful and cleaned me up and made sure I was okay. They wanted me to go to hospital but I just wanted to go to bed so I refused."

Danilo said the only reason behind the attack must have been the kiss he shared with his boyfriend.

"They didn't attempt to take my wallet or phone. The only reason could have been because of the kiss. It was either homophobic or xenophobic-based but they didn't even hear me speak so how did they know I wasn't Irish?"

The attack took place at around 3.30am on Saturday morning after Danilo, who has been living in Dublin for 18 months, had been on a night out with his boyfriend and other friends.

He added: "We always show the good part of our lives on social media. But, I felt it was important to address this issue.

"It is important to know that these kind of things are happening around us. I wasn't the first person ever to be attacked and unfortunately I won't be the last one.

"Thank God I could run to get away and thank God I'm okay and safe now. I want to thank everyone for the support I have received since the attack."

A spokeswoman for Dublin Fire Brigade said: "We received a call on Saturday, 21 September regarding this incident."

Source: Read Full Article