A mum was left feeling “sick” after claiming she found a large piece of plastic inside her McDonald’s chicken nugget.

Claire Roberts says she got the meal at her local fast food restaurant in Kirkby on Saturday night when she bit down on the "rubbery" texture.

The 35-year-old has been left feeling disgusted and dreads to think what may have happened if a child had been eating the meal, Liverpool Echo reports.

The salon owner said: “It’s disgusting. Especially as I don’t eat red meat I thought nuggets would be fine for me and my child as they are 100% chicken.

“I’d already ate two nuggets then was eating a third when I felt something weird in my mouth so spat it out and found this piece of plastic.

“I felt sick.”

Claire visited the McDonald’s branch with her nine-year-old daughter Aleisha.

After the incident Claire shared an image of a nugget with the plastic.

She said: “I put a post on my Facebook, as I want to make people aware as it might happen again and who knows it could have something else in.

“I just thought what would have happened if my child was eating it, she could have choked.”

Claire now plans on contacting the restaurant to try and prevent a similar incident.

A McDonald’s spokesperson: “Food quality and safety are of the utmost importance to us. We place great emphasis on quality control and follow rigorous standards in order to avoid any imperfections.

“We would encourage the customer involved to contact customer services so that we can investigate this incident further.”

Source: Read Full Article