Two rookie PCSOs are hailed as heroes after dashing into blazing house to pull a two-year-old toddler and his mother from the flames
- Louis Saravanamuttu and Louie Parker-Hall only joined the police recently
- The PCSOS, 23 and 22, of West Midlands Police, ran into the house to save pair
- They managed to get both out safely after fire in Coventry on Thursday night
Two rookie PCSOs have been hailed heroes after saving a mother and toddler from a burning building.
PCSO Louis Saravanamuttu and Louie Parker-Hall were on patrol in Coventry when they saw their house on fire at around 8pm on Thursday.
The distressed mother came to the door of their car screaming that her little boy was inside and with no thought for their own safety they dashed inside.
The property in Bosworth Drive was engulfed in flames but the pair were determined to save the two-year-old.
They also pulled the mother from the blaze when she returned to the house in a bid to find her son.
PCSO Louis Saravanamuttu (left) and Louie Parker-Hall (right) were on patrol in Coventry when they saw a house on fire at around 8pm on Thursday and dashed inside to save a trapped toddler
Police investigating murder of ‘sweet and kind’ 13-year-old…
Drugs boss of gang that pushed crack and heroin from London…
Share this article
PCSO Saravanamuttu, 23, who only joined the force in November after previously working as a forklift truck driver, said he initially thought the smoke was coming from a barbecue.
He said: ‘We then saw that the smoke was coming from inside the house and a lady came out of the house in complete shock.
‘I asked who was in the house and she said her baby was in the bath upstairs.
‘I ran upstairs and she came up with me and grabbed the baby out of the bath.
‘I said: ‘Come on, we’ve got to get out’, but she was almost in a trance.
‘We went downstairs but we couldn’t get back through the kitchen because it was engulfed in flames.
‘We went out the back and I dragged a garden bench up to the fence and passed the boy over the fence to the next door neighbour.’
After: The fire caused extensive damaged to the property in Bosworth Drive, Coventry
The neighbour got a ladder to help the boy’s mother over, but PCSO Saravanamuttu bravely ran into the house a second time to check that there was no one else inside, closing doors as he went to stop the blaze spreading.
‘All of the cooker and the counter was on fire. It was like a video showing how quickly fire can spread.
‘Smoke covered the whole room. I was sweating buckets when I came out,’ he said.
‘I’m just buzzing that we were driving past at the exact time she came out. It makes the job worthwhile.’
PCSO Parker-Hall, 22, a former security worker who only joined the force in January, said: ‘It was red hot in there.
The house in Bosworth Drive was engulfed in flames but the pair (pictured) were determined to save the two-year-old and his mother, once she returned to the house in a bid to save her son
‘The flames were over the whole ceiling. I was just thinking that I wanted to make sure everyone was out of the house.’
Chief Inspector Hasson Shigdar, of West Midlands Police, said: ‘It’s pretty clear that they’ve saved two lives.
‘It doesn’t bear thinking about what might have happened had they not been passing at the time.
‘Their selfless bravery embodies exactly what policing is about – going out of your way to help others, sometimes at considerable risk to yourself.’
Paramedics checked over the pair at the scene but neither sustained any injuries.
Source: Read Full Article