Meghan Markle received one very important bit of baby advice during the first day of her and Prince Harry’s royal tour in Australia.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced they’re expecting their first child after arriving in Sydney on Monday.
They spent the day being congratulated by dignitaries and well wishers as they explored the city – and even received their first baby toys .
At a reception at Admiralty House, Meghan met singer-songwriter Missy Higgins and her partner Dan Lee, who recently welcomed their second child, daughter Luna.
“You look incredible,” Meghan remarked when Higgins, 35, revealed the sleeping newborn was just nine weeks old. “She’s so sweet, so cute. Look at her.”
Before moving on, the singer had one piece of advice for the expectant Duchess: “Cherish each moment because it goes by so fast. It really does.”
Meghan also spoke to mathematician and Australian TV personality Eddie Woo, 33, at the reception and the conversation once again turned towards parenthood.
He said his own children – aged five, seven and 10 – require "a lot of energy" before his wife, Michelle, added: "But it’s so rewarding."
The duchess laughed and replied: "We’re ready. We’re excited to join the club."
Earlier, the Duke of Sussex said he and his wife "could not think of a better place to announce the upcoming baby" than Australia.
Kensington Palace revealed Prince Harry and Meghan’s first child is due next spring, on the eve of their first overseas tour together.
The couple were given their first baby toys for the new arrival, with the parents-to-be handed a soft kangaroo and joey by his Excellency General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove and his wife, Lady Cosgrove, at a welcoming ceremony at their Admiralty House residence overlooking the harbour.
It was at the same venue hours later where Harry, addressing an afternoon reception, said: "We couldn’t think of a better place to announce the upcoming baby."
Meghan and Harry’s itinerary
- Tuesday 16th October: Sydney, Australia
- Wednesday 17th October: Dubbo, Australia
- Thursday 18th October: Melbourne, Australia
- Friday 19th October: Sydney, Australia
- Saturday 20th October: Sydney, Australia
- Sunday 21st October: Sydney, Australia
- Monday 22nd October: Fraser Island, Australia
- Tuesday 23rd October: Suva, Fiji
- Wednesday 24th October: Suva, Fiji
- Thursday 25th October: Nadi, Fiji and Nuku’alofa, Tonga
- Friday 26th October: Nuku’alofa, Tonga and Sydney, Australia
- Saturday 27th October: Sydney, Australia
- Sunday 28th October: Wellington, New Zealand
- Monday 29th October: Wellington and Abel Tasman, New Zealand
- Tuesday 30th October: Auckland, New Zealand
- Wednesday 31st October: Rotorua, New Zealand
In remarks which went from sincere to humorous, the duke spoke of his pleasure at being able to show off Australia to the duchess.
"This is my wife’s first visit here so I’m very excited to show her this wonderful country of yours," he said.
"Thank you, Your Excellency and Lady Cosgrove, for giving us your magnificent home for the week. We are inviting all of our mates in Sydney to visit.
"And we also genuinely couldn’t think of a better place to announce the upcoming baby, whether it’s a boy or a girl, so thank you very very much.
"We are really impressed to see you serving beer and tea at an afternoon reception in true Aussie style."
Meghan and Harry’s Royal Tour
Source: Read Full Article