THE warden in charge of the jail where Jeffrey Epstein took his life in his jail is being promoted, it has emerged.

Lamine N'Diaye is being given a management role at a new jail despite Attorney General Bill Barr's demand that he reassigned to a desk job.

Epstein took his own life in August while awaiting trial on charges he sexually abused girls as young as 14 and young women in New York and Florida in the early 2000s.

His suicide cast a spotlight on the Bureau of Prisons and highlighted a series of safety lapses inside the Manhattan Correctional Cente, a high-security unit that’s one of the most secure jails in America.

The wealthy pedophile’s death has been ruled suicide by hanging by the New York City medical examiner but others have cast doubt on the finding.

The include New York City’s former chief medical examiner Dr Michael Baden, who points to burst capillaries in the fiend's eyes as a big clue to him being manually strangled.

The federal Bureau of Prisons is planning to move N’Diaye to the role at FCI Fort Dix, a low-security prison in Burlington County, New Jersey, AP reports.

'Perfect storm of screw-ups'

The move comes months after Barr ordered N’Diaye be reassigned to a desk post at the Bureau of Prisons’ regional office in Pennsylvania as the FBI and the Justice Department’s inspector general investigated Epstein's death.

Barr said Epstein’s ability to take his own life in federal custody had raised “serious questions that must be answered”.

He said in November that an investigation revealed a “series” of mistakes made that gave Epstein the chance to take his own life and that his suicide was the result of “a perfect storm of screw-ups”.

It was unclear why the agency was planning to return N’Diaye to a position supervising inmates and staff members, even though multiple investigations into Epstein’s death remain active.

The inspector general’s investigation is continuing, and the Justice Department is still probing the circumstances that led to Epstein’s death, including why he wasn’t given a cellmate.

Epstein was also supposed to be checked on every 30 minutes.

Two correctional officers responsible for watching Epstein have pleaded not guilty to charges alleging they lied on prison records to make it seem as though they had checked, as required, before his death.

Instead, investigators say they appeared to sleep for two hours and had been browsing the internet — shopping for furniture and motorcycles.

Source: Read Full Article