SCHOOL trips will return from September, new government guidance revealed today.

But overnight stays for pupils and teachers will be banned as part of the government's coronavirus battle plan to reopen schools fully.

⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates


A government source had said last night that schools would reopen in September "come what may".

But entire schools could be shut if just two pupils get Covid-19.

Whole year groups will be put into 'bubbles', pupils will have staggered breaks and there will be no assemblies when schools fully reopen, it was revealed earlier.

An increase in the current 15-child limit on class sizes has been signed off by Public Health England as part of the plan to reopen schools fully as part of the government's coronavirus strategy.

TRIPS BACK ON

This morning, Education Secretary Gavin Williamson unveiled plans for a full return to the class room from the beginning of the academic year.

Current restrictions on group sizes will be lifted to allow pupils at schools, colleges and nurseries to resume full-time education.

Under the new guidance schools can resume domestic trips from the Autumn term.

But students must stay within their "consistent group", with coronavirus protection measures in place at the destination.

Schools must also make risk assessments of all trips educational visits to ensure they're safe.

And they're advised to use local outdoor spaces for educational visits.

CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – STAY IN THE KNOW

Don't miss the latest news and figures – and essential advice for you and your family.

To receive The Sun’s Coronavirus newsletter in your inbox every tea time, sign up here.

To follow us on Facebook, simply ‘Like’ our Coronavirus page.

Get Britain’s best-selling newspaper delivered to your smartphone or tablet each day – find out more.

Britain's death toll from the virus is now almost 44,000, with students away from class during lockdown for more than three months now.

Schools in England have been told to use “year bubbles” to get every child back learning this September.

They have been urged to separate entire year groups with staggered start and finish times to keep them apart during breaks and lunch.

The move would see bigger schools enact bubbles of 30, with entire classes kept together to keep them safe.


Secondary school pupils could be isolated in their year groups – limiting their interactions with students of different ages.

Despite the new measures, the Government has also told schools to focus on core subjects, with a full curriculum possibly not back til 2022.

Currently, children in reception, year 1 and year 6 and children of key workers are attending schools.

Parents were asked to send their kids back to school on June 1.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson had previously revealed his “ deep frustration” at some schools failing to reopen.

Appearing on Times Radio, he said: “Everyone needs to understand that schools are safe. If they can go back they should go back.

“It would be very helpful if our friends in the teachers union delivered that message, and some councils.

“Everybody must go back in September.”


Source: Read Full Article