NANCY Pelosi has served as the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives on two separate occasions.
As speaker of the House, Pelosi is second in the presidential line of succession, after Vice President Kamala Harris.
Where is Nancy Pelosi today?
On Tuesday, January 25, 2022, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced she was running for her 18th full term in Congress, saying there's more work to do "for the children" on healthcare, climate change, gun violence, and the economy.
Pelosi shared the announcement on Twitter, saying: "Our Democracy is at risk because of assaults on the truth, the assault on the US capitol and the state-by-state assault on voting rights.
"This election is crucial. Nothing less is at stake than our Democracy.
"But as we say, we don't agonize, we organize. And that is why I am running for re-election to Congress."
The news comes after she attended Harry Reid's funeral in Las Vegas on January 8.
During her remarks, Pelosi claimed that she had never heard Reid say an unkind word about his colleagues.
"Few could rival Harry's understanding of his senators, their states, their needs, their ambitions, and in all of our conversations, I never heard Harry say an unkind word about any of his Senate colleagues, Democratic or Republican," Pelosi said while speaking at Reid's funeral.
Most read in The Sun
Alan Carr's estranged husband sobs as he's JAILED for drunkenly hitting cop car
Screams heard after boy, 5, 'stabbed' to death as woman, 49, arrested
Everything you can and can't do as Covid rules change from MIDNIGHT
Only Fools & Horses' legendary Mickey Pearce actor diagnosed with cancer
Nancy Pelosi timeline
- January 25, 2022: Pelosi announces she is running for her 18th term in Congress
- January 8, 2022: Pelosi attended Harry Reid's funeral in Las Vegas, Nevada
- January 6, 2022: Pelosi commemorated the one year anniversary of the US Capitol Hill riots
- December 30, 2021: Pelosi announces events at the US Capitol to commemorate the anniversary of the January 6 riot.
- December 28, 2021: Pelosi releases a statment on late Senator Harry Reid
- December 14, 2021: Pelosi attended a moment of silence held for the 800,000 COVID-19
- December 6, 2021: Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer issued a joint statment regarding a departure ceremony for Dole
- November 26, 2021: Pelosi issues joint statement with Democrats against "Islamophobi comments" made by Representative Lauren Boebert
- November 15, 2021: Pelosi held a private meeting informing House Democrats that they will not be dismissed for Thanksgiving recess if they do not pass Biden's bill and send it to the Senate
- November 10, 2021: Pelosi led a Democratic congressional delegation at the COP26 summit
- November 8, 2021: Pelosi officiated Ivy Getty's wedding
- November 6, 2021: Pelosi speaks on congress passing the $1.2trillion infrastructure bill.
- October 21, 2021: Pelosi speaks on the billion-dollar social benefits package at Capitol Hill.
- October 9, 2021: Pelosi meets with the pope in Rome, Italy.
- September 30, 2021: Pelosi is attending the congressional vote on the $1trillion infrastructure bill
- September 29, 2021: Pelosi attends the annual Congressional baseball game where Democrats and Republicans are competing.
- September 17, 2021: Pelosi will attending the G7 Heads of Parliament Conference in Chorley, England
- September 13, 2021: Pelosi joined San Francisco Mayor London Breed for a 'Vote No' campaign for the California recall of Governor Gavin Newsom.
- September 11, 2021: The Madam Speaker joined President Biden and former Presidents Obama, Clinton, and their respective first ladies at the 9/11 memorial in NYC.
- September 1, 2021: Pelosi was blasted after being accused of refusing to let the names of the 13 fallen US service members be read out on the House floor.
- August 23, 2021: The House Speaker was ripped after she was seen with dozens of unmasked donors at a lavish Democratic fundraiser.
- July 28, 2021: Pelosi was blasted for branding Kevin McCarthy a ‘moron’ after GOP leader opposed new mask mandate for vaccinated Americans
- July 25, 2021: Pelosi appoints Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger to serve on the Select Committee.
- July 21, 2021: Pelosi bars DonaldTrump allies from the committee.
- June 24, 2021: The 81-year-old announced a committee to investigate the Capitol riots.
- June 10, 2021: Pelosi releases a rare joint statement with Majority Leader Steny Hoyer regarding a tweet from Ilhan Omar.
- June 7, 2021: The House Speaker urges leaders to pass the H.R. 1 and the S. 1 regarding future elections.
- May 20, 2021: The house speaker is seen chatting to colleagues without amask hours after urging leaders to wear one.
- April 19, 2021: Lawmakers call on Pelosi to resign after saying Maxine Waters does not need to apologize for allegedly inciting violence.