Auli’i Cravalho is most well known for her starring voice role in Moana, but now she’s taking Disney television by storm with a new starring role in the upcoming series Hailey’s On It!
The 22-year-old actress stars in the new show as the title character, Hailey Banks, who is a risk-averse but resourceful teenager.
In Hailey’s On It, Hailey is on a mission to complete every item on her long list of challenging (and sometimes impractical) tasks in order to save the world. Hailey will be pushed outside her comfort zone to discover the greatness within as she systematically conquers her fears, whether she is winning a sand-building competition, wrestling a honey badger, eating a raw onion, or facing her ever-growing and complicated feelings toward her best friend, Scott.
VIDEO: Watch the trailer here!
Ahead of the series premiere, we caught up with Auli’i and got to know 10 Fun Facts about her, that you may have not known, including how she may get away from a career in the arts in the future.
Find out what she shared with us inside…
Speaking of Moana, Auli’i is of course a part of the upcoming live action adaptation that is currently in the works at Disney. See what she said about how involved she is going to be!
Auli’i will also be starring in the upcoming Mean Girls movie musical.
Check out Auli’i’s 10 Fun Facts below…
- 1. My favorite color is pale blue. Imagine you take a bucket of white paint, and add a few drops of blue and a couple drops of gray. The color reminds me of the smell of a childhood; my mom hanging freshly washed laundry out to dry on the clothesline.
- 2. I take road trips with my cat Rocco. I adopted Rocco from a publicist friend of mine who found him under her house! After nearly a year of him climbing my curtains and eating everything he could (carpet, clothing, shoe strings, plants, paper, etc.), I realized he needed more stimulation and exercise than just the toys at home. Now we go to the park, he walks on a leash, and he travels across state (and international) lines with me! And, most importantly, he sleeps through the night – lol.
- 3. I’m allergic to cats. But, I love them. If I travel for too long away from Rocco, I’m guaranteed itchy eyes and runny nose when I get back. He’s so cute though, it’s absolutely worth it.
- 4. I have 7 tattoos (and counting)! I like getting a new tattoo with a friend or in a new location, or after a big event. I like to think of myself as a walking memory passport 🙂
- 5. I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, so I’m very flexible. Call me an overachiever at yoga, but truthfully I’m just born with it! I can twist my arm 360 degrees, and pop my hips out of their joints. Because I was also incredibly accident prone as a child, my mom put me in water sports. Smart lady.
- 6. I DO NOT have a green thumb. I literally just killed my cactus. Yeah, I can’t for the life of me set a schedule to water them consistently. I don’t even water mySELF consistently, so perhaps that’s a good place to start.
- 7. I’m working on becoming a book collector. Did you know that all you need to do in order to be known as an active book collector is… simply begin collecting books? Pick a category (travel, young adult fiction, etc.) or author you enjoy, and work from there! I’ve got over a hundred books so far. Now the challenge is putting up enough shelving to hold them all!
- 8. I love to work on puzzles. I can spend hours at the kitchen table staring at jumbled pieces and willing them together. In fact, it’s one of my favorite ways to decompress. Along with painting. And reading. OOOH and home improvement projects.
- 9. I can spend hours at thrift stores or garage sales. And no, I don’t mean specially curated antique shop or vintage stores, though those are fun too if you’re looking to splurge. I’m talking Goodwill, Salvation Army and a Saturday yard sale. I also have a rule that if I buy a new article of clothing then I need to get rid of something in my closet. Hence why second hand stores and I have a symbiotic relationship.
- 10. I’m not sure I’ll work in film/arts forever. Don’t get me wrong, I’m incredibly grateful and ever so lucky to have a career in the arts, but I would love to try other things! Maybe a librarian, barista, park ranger, or maybe a dog groomer? There are soooooo many careers that I’d love to fall in love with.
Hailey’s On It premieres with two episodes TONIGHT (June 8), starting at 8pm ET/PT on Disney Channel and Disney XD, and will be available to stream on Disney+ the next day.
Source: Read Full Article