Thomas Markle has hit back at his daughter Meghan's claims from a recent interview she gave to The Cut, where she discussed everything from being a mother to two children to the Royal Family's Instagram policies.
During the intimate chat, set in her and Prince Harry's Montecito home, Meghan, 41, said: “Harry said to me, ‘I lost my dad in this process.’ It doesn’t have to be the same for them as it was for me, but that’s his decision.”
The comments were widely taken to refer to 37 year old Harry's relationship with Prince Charles, 73. However according to her friend and biographer Omid Scobie, this is not the case.
He said: "There seems to be confusion in some headlines about this quote in The Cut interview.
"I understand that Prince Harry is actually referring to Meghan's loss of her own father, and Meghan is saying she doesn't want Harry to lose his.”
Now, Meghan's estranged father, 78, has spoken out on the claims that she "lost him" as he told the Mail on Sunday: "She didn't 'lose' me, she dumped me. I am not lost. She knows where to find me. My number hasn't changed.
"I would love to hear from my daughter and meet my son-in-law and my grandkids for the first time."
He went on to explain that he's still recovering from from a blood cot on his brain earlier this year, adding: "I am still very ill and trying to recover from the stroke in May. Yet every time she opens her mouth she brings me into [the story]. It never ends."
Thomas also commented on another section of The Cut interview, in which Meghan said she thinks forgiveness is "really important".
"It takes a lot more energy to not forgive. But it takes a lot of effort to forgive," the Duchess of Sussex said.
But, unimpressed, Thomas hit back: "If she really believes in forgiveness, then why can't she forgive me?"
He went on to insist he's apologised for his "any hurt and pain" that may have caused her "multiple times" before explaining the he loves his daughter.
"Every time she gives another interview it brings up all the pain and causes so much stress. I am still very sick. I am going to speech therapy and doing the best I can to get better, but it is all very upsetting," he added.
After sharing his opinion that Meghan "constantly throws the Royal family under the bus," he went on to claim that Meghan didn't reach out to him when he suffered a stroke in May this year.
OK! has approached Meghan's representatives for comment.
In May, Thomas was rushed to hospital on oxygen after suffering a stroke from a blood clot in his brain.
This isn't the first health scare for Thomas – he suffered a heart attack in 2018 ahead of Meghan's wedding to Prince Harry, sparking him to pull out of his daughter's special day.
Harry and Meghan have 'no plans' to see William in UK despite being minutes away
Meghan Markle's Mariah podcast bombshells from 'marriage breakdown' to 'diva'
Meghan Markle shares snippet from her wedding speech for the first time
Prince William and Kate will show Harry how it’s done on US trip’ claims expert
Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter
Source: Read Full Article