Monty Don calls on gardeners to stop using peat
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Gardeners’ World host Monty Don defended his colleague Adam Frost after a social media user claimed the presenter attended the Cottesmore Hunt. The horticulturalist urged the Twitter user to “stop casting judgement” on others.
It comes after the social media user took to the micro-blogging site and shared a photo of Adam, 52.
The Gardeners’ World could be seen seated in his car in the snap, which was taken by protestors.
It is claimed that Adam had attended a “fun ride” at the Cottesmore Hunt – which gives people an opportunity to enjoy a horse ride – at the weekend.
Julie West tweeted: “@TheMontyDon really disappointed to learn that Adam Frost was out with the Cottesmore hunt last Sunday for an apparent ‘fun ride’.
“He was trying to hide from protesters but they managed to get a photo of him.”
The snap was taken by a group called the Northants Hunt Saboteurs – a campaign group of protestors who use non violent action to prevent illegal hunting.
Monty, 66, hit out on Twitter as he addressed the social media yesterday.
In view of his 242,000 followers, he wrote: “I am sorry that you are disappointed but perhaps you might feel better if you stopped casting judgement from your moral high ground on decent folk who happen not share your views.”
The Cottesmore Hunt is a group that hunt within the law in Rutland, Leicestershire and Lincolnshire.
They also offer people to partake in equestrian activities including a fun ride on the horses.
Express.co.uk has contacted Adam Frost’s representatives for comment.
Monty and Adam are regular fixtures on the popular BBC programme Gardeners’ World.
Adele stuns in skintight leather in rare pic with beau[LATEST]
Abbey Clancy says Peter Crouch was ‘gonna leave’ after purchase[ADMISSION]
Kate Garraway admits she misses ‘the little things’ about Derek[HEALTH]
Meanwhile, the horticulturalist left fans disappointed after he revealed that the show was coming to an end during the current season.
He has presented on the show since 2003, creating a very loyal gardening fan base.
Taking to the micro-blogging site last week, the small-screen star explained that he filmed his final scenes.
“Completed filming the last regular Gardeners World of the year today on a fine, dry rather warm and very autumnal day,” he said.
It wasn’t long before Monty was inundated with comments from Gardeners’ World fans, who shared their sadness over the series coming to an end.
Sassyhome said: “Glad you had good weather.
“A sad day for us, but you deserve a break. Hibernation is good for the soul. Even when it contains a different kind of work, that of the mind.”
Amyhoskinscc added: “Awww. Sad to hear it. We love your program and watch reruns all winter, waiting for them to restart each Spring.”
Gardeners’ World airs tonight on BBC Two at 8pm.
Source: Read Full Article