Strictly: James Jordan calls unvaccinated dancers ‘selfish’
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Strictly Come Dancing kicked off last weekend as celebrities were paired up with professional dancers. However, a third pro has now reportedly refused the coronavirus vaccine, as the crew of the show have been left “furious”.
On Saturday it was claimed that two professionals had refused the vaccine.
This had left some stars reluctant to pair with them on the Strictly dance floor.
Now, it has been reported a third dancer has also snubbed the vaccine.
The dancer has not been named but is thought to be paired with a celeb already.
Others on the show also reportedly know they have not been jabbed.
A source told The Sun: “Producers are dreading an outbreak of Covid on the new series, which is a crucial part of the autumn schedule.
“The last series showed how disruptive the virus could be when Katya Jones tested positive and had to leave the competition with partner Nicola Adams.
“They are taking every possible precaution to make the set as safe as possible, particularly as the studio audience is returning.”
This comes after reports emerged yesterday that the crew had been left “furious” with the unvaccinated pros, as well as others signing up for panto.
A source opened up to the aforementioned publication: “It’s not rocket science, if you are going to sign up to take part in a show like Strictly Come Dancing where you all on top of each other 24/7 then you need to do all you can to protect yourself and those in the programme.
“There’s a view among those taking part that the dancers refusing to do so are utterly selfish.
“The BBC are terrified of being seen as dictating to people over what they should do when in reality they needed to take a firmer view on it to protect the show.
“Those dancers who don’t want to get the jab should have been told to stand aside this year at least because the virus is still so prevalent.”
In response to this, as well as the reports of a third professional not having the vaccine, the BBC issued a statement.
A Strictly spokeswoman told Express.co.uk: “We do not comment on speculation of somebody’s COVID vaccination status.
“Strictly production has, and will continue to, follow strict government guidelines to ensure the safety of all on the show.”
The live shows are due to get underway this weekend as the celebrities perform their first dance.
In order to try and keep the show running smoothly, competitors are being tested multiple times a week.
However, earlier today, former Strictly professional James Jordan called those refusing the jab “selfish”.
Appearing on Good Morning Britain, he said: “I normally would protect the professional dancers until the cows come home, but on this occasion, I can’t, unfortunately.
“So yeah, I definitely believe they don’t deserve their right on the show, and the celebrities have the right to refuse to dance with them.”
Source: Read Full Article