AceShowbiz -British rockers The 1975 and DJ Calvin Harris were the toast of the BRIT Awards in London on Wednesday night, February 20, picking up two honours apiece.
Matt Healy and his band, who picked up the Best Album and Best Group prizes, were also among the night’s performance highlights at the ceremony, which Hugh Jackman opened with an ambitious set, inspired by his film and hit soundtrack “The Greatest Showman“.
Meanwhile, Harris was named British Producer of the Year and also won British Single of the Year for his “One Kiss” collaboration with Dua Lipa, who teamed up with Sam Smith and Rag’n’Bone Man to perform a megamix of the DJ’s hits.
Little Mix took home the second BRIT of their careers, winning the British Artist Video of the Year for their “Woman Like Me” collaboration with Nicki Minaj.
Upon accepting the award, band member Jade Thirlwall said, “We never win this! Oh my God, thank you so much! We have had absolutely no shame in asking people every day to vote for this.”
George Ezra picked up the British Male Solo Artist honour, with last year’s Critics’ Choice winner, Jorja Smith, bagging the female prize, and Sam Fender grabbed this year’s Critics’ Choice award.
There were also wins for Tom Walker (British Breakthrough Act), and Ed Sheeran (Global Success Award), while Drake, Ariana Grande and The Carters – aka Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z – picked up the international gongs.
Pink, who became the first non-Brit to land the Outstanding Contribution to Music award, closed the show with a lengthy medley of her hits.
The full list of winners is:
- British Artist Video of the Year: Little Mix feat. Nicki Minaj, “Woman Like Me”
- British Breakthrough Artist: Tom Walker
- British Male Solo Artist: George Ezra
- British Female Solo Artist: Jorja Smith
- British Group: The 1975
- Mastercard British Album of the Year: The 1975, “A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships”
- British Single: Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa, “One Kiss”
- International Male Solo Artist: Drake
- International Female Solo Artist: Ariana Grande
- International Group: The Carters (Beyonce Knowles & Jay-Z)
- Critics’ Choice: Sam Fender
- Outstanding Contribution to Music Award: Pink
- British Producer of the Year: Calvin Harris
- Global Success Award: Ed Sheeran
Source: Read Full Article