A horrified woman ordered chicken wings, but got a little more than she bargained for – the chicken’s head.

Brittani Paulhamus says that she ordered a bucket of wings from Old School Pizza in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. She’d sampled their food before, she says, and they were usually quite nice.

"I bit into a wing and you know, all was fine,” she told Today Food. “I picked up the second wing, and all of a sudden, I'm like, 'Why is the shape weird?'"

Once she got over her shock she took a few photos of the unappetising snack and posted them online.

Stay in the loop with all the latest Daily Star news by signing up to one of our free newsletters here.

"I just I had to post it because it's not everyday you open your wing container and get a chicken head instead of just one of the wings," she said. "At least it's a chicken part."

"I ordered wings before from there,” she said, “ and I actually thought they were really good”.

"I never expected to open the container and get a chicken head, though,” Brittani laughed.

  • Horrified Yorkshire dad 'needs therapy' after buying fish and chips for £54 in London

She contacted Old School Pizza and explained the problem. They offered her a refund and asked her to send them the head back to they could work out how it had got into her supper.

"I mean, it is what it is,” Brittani said. “Though I didn't go and pick up the refund”.

”Honestly, it doesn't matter. Like at the end of the day, it's funny to me now. I look back on Friday and I laugh about it more than I'm disgusted by it."

  • McDonald's chicken nugget almost kills boy, 5, after he tried to swallow it whole

A statement from the restaurant apologised for what they described as a "truly … unfortunate situation that happened."

"We've been open nearly 13 years,” they said, “and have sold tons of wings every week and have never seen anything like this”.

They said that they can contacted their suppliers, who were now checking how the chicken head had made its way into the bag of chicken wings.

“The supplier is looking into how such a thing could have happened and how it could have passed through so many checkpoints and gone unnoticed," the statement said.

The shocking slip-up isn’t as rare as all that. Scots curry fan Nicole Rae also found a chicken head in her takeaway, while Deyanira Cortes from Columbus, Ohio shockingly found what she says was a baby rat in a bowl of noodles.

Makes getting the wrong sauce seem like a minor problem.

Source: Read Full Article