Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter
We have more newsletters
A dental nurse has been left horrified after biting into a metal hook inside a Nando's double chicken wrap.
Francesca Roma of Backworth, North Tyneside, said she ordered the treat as part of a takeaway from the restaurant chain's Silverlink branch in North Shields.
The food arrived courtesy of Deliveroo on the night of November 10, but it wasn't long before the 25-year old lost her appetite.
After taking her fist bite Francesca said she felt something hard and was soon shocked to discover the hook lodged inside the meat.
READ MORE: McDonald's urged to tackle litterbug diners by putting number plates on wrappers
She told Chronicle Live: "At first I didn't know what it was, I thought it was something extra burnt or crispy. I pulled it out of my mouth and I was shaking.
"It was the size of the palm of my hand, it was absolutely disgusting. I pushed my meal to the side and tried to message them straight away.
"It was a massive shock. If someone swallowed it, God knows what would have happened!"
After contacting Deliveroo to discuss her ordeal Francesca was told to get in touch with Nando's to discuss the next course of action.
Following the company's advice she sent it off to be examined, but was told that the hook couldn't have got into her food during preparation.
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here.
She added that Nando's was unable to give her a definitive answer about how the foreign object could have got there, but offered her a £10 gift voucher by way of compensation.
After declining, Francesca was subsequently offered another to the tune of £100, but she doesn't want to use the chain again.
She explained: "I'm just so infuriated and stressed by it because there's no other explanation as to how it could have been inside the piece of chicken.
"I haven't even been refunded for my meal and I don't want a gift card as I don't ever want to go back."
A Nando’s spokesperson said: "We’re very sorry for the experience Francesca had with her Nando’s delivery."
A spokesperson for Deliveroo added: "Food safety is an absolute priority and we are sorry to hear about this customer's experience.
"We understand Nando's have provided the customer with a gesture of goodwill to make up for the incident and we will urgently investigate this issue with them to understand what happened."
- Stunned Hooters fans 'opt to go to McDonald's' after 'awkward' moment at new Brit diner
- Stroppy McDonald's worker walks out saying 'I quit' – after being asked to do washing up
OnlyFans star Elle Brooke reveals she threw up McDonald's meal over bloke after sex act
- In the News
Source: Read Full Article