A BREXIT DEAL has been struck between the UK and the EU.

The deal will include changes to travelling abroad – and we've explained whether this means you will need a visa to go on holiday in Europe.

⚠️ Read our Brexit live blog for the latest news & updates

Will I need a visa to go on holiday to Europe?

Brits will not need to have a visa to travel to Europe even with the new deal so your two week holiday will be unaffected.

However, if you want to stay much longer than you will need to apply for a visa.

The new rules only allow you to stay for up to 90 days out of 180 days, even if this is in different countries across the EU.

Different rules will apply to Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Romania – if you visit these countries, visits to other EU countries will not count towards the 90-day total.

This has affected families with holiday homes, who are now restricted on how long they can stay there.

Will I need a visa to work or study in Europe?

If you want to stay longer, for example to work or to study then you will need to get a visa, which depends on each country.

You will also need to show you have enough money to cover your trip, as well as proof of a return ticket or ticket for onward travel.

How much does a visa cost?

A work or study visa differs in price depending on the type and the country.

The Shengen visa, which costs €80 (£72) for adults, is not allowed for this.

Working and studying visas can cost hundreds of euros depending on the process.

Which also explained what to know about renewing your passport following the Brexit deal announcement.

While your new passport will be blue, burgundy passports are still valid as long as they have more than six months on them.

Here are some of the other changes to your holiday in Europe including new driving and insurance regulations.

Source: Read Full Article