Americans in Cancun saw armed men on boats storming beach & heard 'pop' of guns before barricading themselves in hotel

ARMED men in boats stormed a Mexican beach and began shooting while Andrew Krop's husband was getting a shot of tequila.

He left his phone on the beach, ran for safety inside the Cancun hotel with a housekeeper and barricaded himself inside with two queen-sized mattresses, Mr Krop told the US Sun in an exclusive interview.

His husband, who was a performer for Vacaya, called from the hotel room.

"It was so fast but he said he saw men on boats coming ashore and heard the pop, pop, pop of the guns," Mr Krop said. "It was rapid fire."

The "rapid fire" pops were cartel members unloading a "rain of gunfire" on a beach packed with people from the week-long Day of the Dead party for hundreds of LGBTQ+ travellers.

Somehow, Mr Krop stayed calm during the terrifying situation and called the Embassy and then the Consulate and then their family members.

He brought attention to the situation in the United States with a tweet that quickly went viral.

"I honestly don't know how I stayed calm," he told the US Sun. "There was so much adrenaline and rage, but I wanted Eric to come home safe.

Read our Cancun attack live blog for the very latest news and updates…

"Instead of crying, I made the choice to do everything I could to help."

Every 10 to 15 minutes, Mr Krop said he spoke to his husband and relayed the latest updates.

One of those information relays was to call 911 and tell them which room you are in. Mr Krop blasted that info out to the US media as well.

Most read in The Sun


New evidence about chief Maddie suspect leaves investigators 'shocked'


New Highway Code rule changes that could land YOU a huge £1k fine


I brought my uncle to collect his pension… I didn't know he was dead


'Vigilante' driver arrested for 'hitting & killing knifeman' who stabbed mum

"The calls were quick and emotional. He spoke in whispers. And we always ended with, 'I love you,'" Mr Krop told the US Sun.

Many performers and party revellers sheltered in place inside the hotel for about 1.5 hours while law enforcement engaged the suspects, and first responders tended to the injured.

In total, two were killed and four Americans injured during a suspected gang-related shootout.

Mr Kroft said he finally received a text from his husband, who left his cell phone on the beach, saying it was over.

Police made arrests, and the situation was under control.

"I was just thankful that he was safe, and it was contained it didn't get worse," he told the US Sun.

After getting that text message saying he was OK, Mr Kroft said, "I could finally relax and focus on the fact that he's coming home in a few hours."

The couple will be reunited before the end of Friday.

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The US Sun team?

Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.

Like us on Facebook at and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS

    Source: Read Full Article

    Previous post 11 Best Denim Shorts For Women 2021 | The Sun UK
    Next post Vinny Guadagnino Blasts Angelina Pivarnick: Were No Longer Friends, Liar!!