Teenage boy, 15, fighting for his life after being ‘pinned down and stabbed’ near to a school

  • The attack took place just before 3pm near North Huddersfield Trust School 
  • One father, 46, claimed the boy was ‘pinned down’ and ‘stabbed repeatedly’ 
  • The teenager was airlifted to hospital by helicopter and is in a critical condition 

A 15-year-old boy is fighting for his life tonight after being ‘pinned down and repeatedly stabbed’ near a school in West Yorkshire. 

The unnamed teen was allegedly attacked in Woodhouse Hill, near the gates of North Huddersfield Trust School, just before 3pm today. 

The attack has not been confirmed as a stabbing by police but the boy is in a ‘critical condition’ after being airlifted to hospital, reports Yorkshire Live. 

A father, aged 46, who has a son at the school told the paper: ‘It was a scary moment when I heard there had been trouble and a teacher answered my 14-year-old son’s phone. I understand he may have witnessed some of what happened.

‘I was asked by staff to come and collect him. I’ve heard that it all came out of nowhere. This pupil was grabbed, pinned to the floor and stabbed repeatedly.’

Yorkshire Air Ambulance had blocked off the roads surrounding the incident, while parents say they are deeply concerned. 

A spokesperson for West Yorkshire Police said: ‘At 2.54pm this afternoon police received a third-party report that a teenager had been seriously injured in an assault in Woodhouse Hill, Huddersfield.

The unnamed teen was allegedly ‘pinned down’ in Woodhouse Hill, near the gates of North Huddersfield Trust School, at around 3pm today. (Pictured: Huge police response near scene of incident) 

‘Emergency services attended and a 15-year-old boy was taken to hospital in a critical condition. 

‘A police cordon has been put in place as enquiries are underway to establish the circumstances.’

Another local, 41, whose nephew attends the school near the scene of the stabbing, branded the incident ‘shocking’. 

He added: ‘My nephew is in year 7 and this is his first year of high school. This kind of stuff can traumatise kids. 

‘He’s safe and I’ve spoken to his mum who is worried.’

Pictures taken earlier today showed at least half a dozen police cars responding to the incident. 

At least one ambulance had also been sent to the scene.  

Source: Read Full Article