JILL Biden played on the sand with Carrie Symonds' son Wilfred as they enjoyed a beach walk at the G7.
Carrie and First Lady Jill went for a paddle in the sea with baby Wilf as Boris Johnson and Joe Biden sat down for talks in Cornwall.
The newlywed Mrs Johnson and America's First Lady had earlier bonded over tea this afternoon at Carbis Bay, Cornwall.
Boris Johnson is set for a tense meeting with the US President today after Washington waded into the sausage war row with the EU.
Carrie and Jill were due to meet at historic St Michael's Mount but had to alter their plans at the last minute due to bad weather.
Ahead of the get-together, Mr Biden vowed to "affirm the special relationship" between the UK and the US.
He said: "Today, I’ll be meeting with Prime Minister Boris Johnson ahead of the G7 Summit in Cornwall.
"I look forward to affirming the special relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom and discussing how we’ll tackle our shared challenges together in the years ahead."
But privately Biden sensationally accused the PM of "inflaming" tensions in Ireland ahead of their first meeting.
He is expected to address post-Brexit peace with the Prime Minister to ensure that the Good Friday Agreement is protected – as Britain and the EU try to resolve the issue of checks in the Irish Sea.
Despite the uncertainty surrounding the meeting, Boris looked in good spirits as he arrived at the summit, waving and grinning for the cameras and giving a big thumbs up to supporters.
On Friday he will join leaders from Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, and the US when the summit officially gets underway.
Also known as the Group of Seven, these countries are seven of the largest economies of the world.
Together, they represent more than 62 per cent of the global net wealth ($280trillion).
What's happened so far…
- Jill Biden scolds Joe in UK trip speech and tells president to ‘pay attention’
- Biden jokes ‘I keep forgetting I’m president’ in awkward moment during UK trip after running on stage
- Inside Biden’s £30million G7 ring of steel with warships, The Beast & 400 Secret Service agents watching his every move
- Biden calls the Royal Air Force the ‘RFA’ in major blunder during first ever speech on British soil
- G7 Cornwall hotel in dawn lockdown as ‘bomb hoax’ forces 100 guests to be evacuated as man, 20, arrested
- Boris Johnson faces flak for flying 250 miles in an RAF plane to the eco-themed G7 summit
- Joe Biden gives rallying speech to US troops in Britain and says ‘I’ll tell Mr Putin what I want him to know’
Joe Biden and his wife will also meet the Queen for tea this weekend, the Palace confirmed today.
Her Majesty will welcome the couple at the dais in the Quadrangle of Windsor Castle.
Biden will be the the 13th US President to meet the Queen, who has hosted every American head of state since taking the throne in 1952.
The only exception was Lyndon B. Johnson, who did not fly to Britain during his presidency.
Biden will hope to continue his relationship with the Royal Family over the weekend, having recently sent them his wishes following the death of Prince Philip.
And as well as the monarch, the First Lady has known Prince Harry for years after they met at an event in 2012 for wounded US and British soldiers.
The pair are understood to have bonded over their military ties – with Jill's Major stepson Beau tragically passing away in 2015 from brain cancer.
Source: Read Full Article