ELECTION day is fast approaching for some states and residents will need to be ready with all the information to select their next governor.
The race for governor begins Tuesday, November 2 with polls opening for residents to cast their votes.
Where do I go to cast my vote?
For in-person voting, every state has a website that will tell you where your voting location is depending on your home address.
On these sites, you will also be able to check if you are registered to vote, and if not, how long you have until the deadline to register.
When you arrive at your designated polling location, you may be required to show identification depending on your state. You will be able to look up what you need to bring on your state’s government website.
How do I cast my vote in person?
All states have their own rules for casting their votes, and it is important to remember to bring your identification with you or you will be required to fill out and sign an ID Confirmation Statement.
By signing the statement, you are agreeing to fill out a provisional ballot and you will have until the next Friday to provide a copy of your ID to your locality’s election board.
Can I still cast my vote by mail or absentee ballot?
The date to send your vote by mail might be too late in some states, as it takes time for the post office to get your ballot to the location in time.
The same applies to the absentee ballot deadline which typically requires the voter to submit the application within seven to ten days before Election Day.
If you would like to see the full list of deadlines for absentee ballot applications, visit the vote.org website and select your state from the drop-down menu.
What states are electing a new governor on Tuesday?
The statewide election for governor will take place Tuesday, November 2, 2021. You can click on the applicable state's how-to-vote link below for information regarding the voting process.
- Colorado – For Colorado voters, you can cast your ballot and vote today if you are an overseas or military voter, a voter with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or a voter with a qualifying emergency, according to the Colorado Secretary of State website.
- Maine – For Maine voters, you can view your sample ballot early on the Maine Department of Secretary State website.
- New Jersey – For New Jersey voters, early in-person voting ends on October 31. Voting hours are 10am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and 10am to 6pm on Sunday, according to the New Jersey Information Portal website.
- Pennsylvania – For Pennsylvania voters, you can view your poll location and find drop box locations for mail-in ballots on the DOS Voting and Election Information website.
- Texas – For Texas voters, you can find all information including polling locations, voter id, and election results and statistics on the Vote Texas website.
- Virginia – For Virgina voters, you can access early voting locations and information about candidates on the Virginia Department of Elections website.
- Washington State – For Washington State voters, the Washington Secretary of State website says, "This year, ballots contain three state advisory votes as well as many local races and measures." You can view all pertinent information on the site.
Source: Read Full Article