Epsom College killer's family reveal marriage 'troubles' & say he was 'in state of madness' when he shot wife & daughter | The Sun

THE devastated family of George Pattison have broken their silence after he fatally shot his wife and daughter.

The chartered accountant, 39, is believed to have shot headmistress Emma and seven-year-old Lettie before turning the gun on himself.

Pattison’s uncle Frederick Cameron, 83, said that the tragedy had come as a "huge shock" to the Jamaica-born killer’s family.

Frederick told the Mail on Sunday: "He didn’t strike me as anyone who would do anything of that nature.

"He must have been in a state of madness… It doesn’t make any sense to me."

Sources have claimed George had no criminal history and was not on Surrey Police's radar.

Read More in News

Two ‘suspicious’ men spotted by witness near missing Nicola’s dog-walking route

Murder probe launched after woman, 40, found dead in house fire tragedy

The only time he crossed paths with the force previously was when he accused his wife of striking him in 2016.

He is said to have reported her for hitting him during a domestic incident.

But he later withdrew the claims, saying the matter was trivial, The Times reports.

Frederick, who lives in Kingston, Jamaica, said he had attended the couple’s wedding on the island in 2011.

Most read in The Sun


Two 'suspicious' men spotted by witness near missing Nicola's dog-walking route


Stacey Solomon gives birth to baby and reveals adorable fifth child


Nicola Bulley may have been abducted or run off with lover, expert says


Mum hits back at trolls over ‘sexualised’ pic of her in bikini hugging teen son

But his happy memories were destroyed when he received a call from his daughter Suzette – Pattison’s cousin – informing him of the killings. 

He said: "From what Suzette said it seems like there were problems [in the marriage]… But that doesn’t mean you shoot people."

Despite a relatively unblemished history before the shocking news, George was in contact with officers just days before the killings.

But cops said this was for a "routine" change of address on his gun licence.

It is assumed this was because he had officially moved into the family home at Epsom College.

Due to the short period of time between the licence update and alleged killing, the incident has been referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).

The couple reportedly hosted a dinner party hours before Emma made a distressed call to her sister.

Relatives rushed to the scene but all three were dead when they arrived.

Detectives have been "working around the clock" to piece together what happened before the double murder-suicide.

Detective Chief Inspector Kimball Edey, Senior Investigating Officer on the case, said: "This is an incredibly traumatic incident and we are working around the clock to investigate and understand the exact circumstances which led to this point.

Read More on The Sun

Vet reveals the five dog breeds she’d never own because of their health problems

My fence fell down and my neighbour refused to pay half – what are my rights?

"We understand the public concern and upset, and we will clarify what we can, when we can, while respecting the right to a level of privacy for the families of those who have lost their lives.

"We are cooperating fully with the IOPC in relation to the referral we have made, and we await the outcome of its assessment of what further action may be required."

Source: Read Full Article

Previous post Turkey earthquake rescue work halted by violent clashes and gunfire as looters run amok in devastated cities | The Sun
Next post Inside the Spanish theme park by the beach that's cheaper than Disney – and has the fastest rollercoaster in Europe | The Sun