THE new statue of Princess Diana will be specially opened to the public to mark next week’s anniversary of her death.
Tuesday will mark 24 years since the fatal car crash in Paris on August 31, 1997.
Owing to the pandemic, Kensington Palace and its gardens are operating reduced opening hours from Wednesdays to Sundays only.
But Historic Royal Palaces said special arrangements had been made to allow visitors to view the memorial from the Cradle Walk around the Sunken Garden where it stands from 3pm to 5pm on Tuesday.
The bronze statue was unveiled by Princes William and Harry, despite their troubled relationship, last month on what would have been their mother’s 60th birthday.
A spokesman for HRP said of Tuesday’s special anniversary opening: “We acknowledge that there will be interest in viewing the statue on that day.”
Entry to the Cradle Walk is free and does not need to be booked but visitors will not be able to approach the memorial or leave flowers.
Ardent Di fans usually leave floral tributes and messages at the Golden Gates of Kensington Palace on the anniversary of her death.
HRP said it hoped the gates at her former home would continue to be the focal point.
🔵 Read our Royal Family live blog for the latest updates
Source: Read Full Article