Heartbreaking final photo shows boy, 7, sitting in pile of building material that poisoned him to death moments later | The Sun

THIS is the last heart-wrenching snap of a little boy who was fatally poisoned after he dived into a pile of toxic building dust.

Arthur Emanuel Bitencourt, 7, was photographed posing with his thumbs up while sitting in the pile of deadly limestone powder.

Only moments later he was fighting for his life in a deadly reaction to breathing in the common building material.

Arthur had reportedly jumped into the powder at a family property in Ipiranga, southern Brazil, on August 3.

His family rushed the young lad to hospital but he was tragically declared dead upon arrival.

According to local media, medics have attributed Arthur's death to inhalation of the dust he had just been playing in.


Homicide probe as woman ‘cooks poisonous mushroom lunch that killed 3′

Mum dies from ‘water poisoning’ after drinking four bottles in 20 minutes

Limestone dust contains tiny silica particles that can cause severe breathing problems if inhaled, and even death.

His devastated family has shared the photo across social media to share the dangers of limestone powder.

Family member Romaldo Bitencourt said in a post on Facebook: "This photo was the last and taken a few minutes before his tragic death, caused by inhaling limestone, while playing.

"The memories I will have of you, my dear child, will always be the best.

Most read in The Sun


BBC's Nick Owen, 75, reveals moment he learned of 'aggressive' prostate cancer


Sandra Bullock's partner dies aged 57 after secret motor neurone disease battle


I was on Nick Knowles' DIY SOS & BBC did a 'bodge job'- someone could've died


'Beautiful' boy, 12, killed in M62 crash is named as man charged

"'Our gratitude to GOD for putting Arthur in our life a treasure, who stayed with us for seven years, one month and ten days."

Local police have opened an investigation into the boy's death, as the family said they were unaware of the dangers involved with the material.

Brazil's Technological Research Institute says limestone powder – widely used in building and gardening – can cause breathing problems.

Limestone used in a crushed or pebble sized form does not cause health issues, but when powdered it can cause health hazards.

Anyone exposed to it is advised to wear protective equipment, as the tiny silica particles in the dust can cause lung cancer, pulmonary disease, kidney disease and silicosis.

Young Arthur was buried on August 4, only a day after his untimely death.

Last year, a nine-year-old boy was horrifically sliced to death after tripping and falling onto a sawmill conveyor belt in Brazil.

Hudson Adriano Hellmann was playing near the machine at the site in Rio do Campo, Brazil when the tragedy occurred.

Read More on The Sun

Seven worst mistakes you can make on Spanish beaches revealed

Helen Flanagan mum-shamed over birthday ‘smoking’ video

It is not clear why he was playing so close to the dangerous machine or if he was playing with other children at the time.

Source: Read Full Article

Previous post Woman reveals very clever trick to avoid losing your hotel key card while on holiday | The Sun
Next post Air pollution is linked to a rise in antibiotic resistance, study says