A GUNMAN killed three women and injured four others today after he opened fire at a bar in Rome.
The 57-year-old suspect, named locally as Claudio Campiti, was arrested after the shooting at the bar in the Fidene district in the north of the Italian capital.
"He came into the room, closed the door and shouted 'I'll kill you all' and then started to shoot," a witness told Italian news agency Ansa.
The horror shooting took place during a residents' meeting.
Rome Mayor Roberto Gualtieri confirmed three people died after the gunman opened fire in the outdoor seating area of the bar, Il Posto Giusto.
Four other people were wounded, with at least one of them suffering serious injuries.
Read more on Italy
Tourists furious after being charged £430 for a photo in Italy
State of emergency after landslide buried Italian town & swept away cars
Bystanders reportedly managed to disarm the suspect before cops arrived at the scene.
The gunman was said to be known to the members of the residents' association – and had previously been reported to the authorities to making threats.
"He fired at the board of directors of the consortium," an eyewitness told La Repubblica.
"The man was known by all, he was a member and in the past he had made verbal threats to all of us.
Most read in The Sun
Arsenal tweet after England's loss to France sparks furious fan backlash
England vs France World Cup referee's Wikipedia page changed as fans rage
Fans are all saying the same thing as Mbappe chats to Lloris before Kane penalty
Man Utd ace Teden Mengi taken off on stretcher after nasty injury vs Betis
"The weapon jammed at a certain point and was blocked by some consortium members who also unlocked the door.
"I saved myself because I put myself under the table and I managed to crawl out of the room."
According to the Italian newspaper, the suspect had been denied a firearms license in the past – and the weapon used was reportedly stolen from a shooting range on Sunday morning.
The man who disarmed the gunman said: "I jumped on him before he killed again."
Mayor Gualtieri called an emergency security meeting for Monday after what he called "the grave episode of violence that has struck our city".
THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY…
The Sun is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.
Download our fantastic, new and improved free App for the best ever Sun Online experience. For iPhone click here, for Android click here.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSun and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun.
Source: Read Full Article