A MAN has been charged with attempted murder after anine-year-old boy was stabbed in a street by the stranger.

Faisal Khan, 24, was charged after the child – who was walking with his older brother in Peterborough – was attacked and left with multiple injuries to his face and head.

The nine-year-old was left with blood pouring from his face, as locals rushed to help the injured youngster slumped in the street.

Officers were called to Peveril Road by the ambulance service at 3.24pm on Saturday.

The boy was initially taken to Peterborough City Hospital with life-changing injuries.

He was later transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, where he remains in a stable condition.

Khan, 24, of Almond Road, Dogsthorpe, has been charged with attempted murder and possession of a knife in a public place, police said.

He was arrested at his home on Saturday night, initially on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm.

Khan has been remanded in custody and is due to appear before Peterborough magistrates on Monday.


A woman who lives at the house the nine-year-old collapsed outside of said the boy was a "brave little soldier", after being cut across the lip and on his head.

Mum-of-two Sadia Zeb, 42, told The Sun Online: “There was so much blood pouring down his face you couldn’t see his tears.

"He had been cut from near the nose across the lip and on the head  by a point or blade. I was horrified.

“His brother was in a complete panic and ran home to get his mum while we called the police and ambulance and helped calm him.

“I sat him on my low wall at the front of the house and put a blanket round him and kept telling him that help was on the way and that he was going to be OK.

"He was an absolutely brave little boy. He was so cute, no one deserves that."

Naseeba Hussain, 25, who lives opposite where the boy got stabbed told how she ran out to help him with her sister Safah, 20, and their mother Nagina Musrat.

She said: “My brother heard screaming and told me there was a kid covered in blood.

“I ran out with towels and there was a guy who was already helping him and someone else calling an ambulance."

    Source: Read Full Article