Man’s penis ROTS after cobra bites his privates as he used toilet on safari

A MAN was reportedly left with a rotting penis after he was bitten by a venomous cobra while on the toilet at a safari park.

The 47-year-old, from the Netherlands, went to relive himself during a trip to a nature reserve in South Africa when he felt a burning sensation on his manhood.

As he looked down, the man realised he had been bitten by a highly venomous snouted cobra that had been hidden inside the bowl itself.

The Mail reports the unfortunate individual was left waiting for almost three hours before emergency helicopter transport arrived to whisk him to the nearest hospital –  some 220 miles away.

On route he was diagnosed with necrosis – commonly known as the 'flesh-eating' disease.

The case read: "During this time, he felt a burning sensation in his genitals and a pain that ascended through his groin to his flank, upper chest, and abdomen.

"He also reported vomiting but no neurological symptoms."

He was later provided emergency treatment but a serious amount of the tissue in his penis was unrecoverable and had to be cut away. 

Most read in News


Snow to BATTER Britain 'within weeks' says Met Office as temps to DROP further


New evidence about chief Maddie suspect leaves investigators 'shocked'


PM held indoor birthday bash at height of lockdown in fresh partygate


Tributes to 'absolutely amazing' lad, four, killed in off-road bike crash

Having been later been repatriated to Holland some nine days later, even more dead penis tissue had to be removed – forcing surgeons to reconstruct his genitalia using a graft of tissue they took from his groin.

One year after the incident the man had reportedly recovered both the full function and sensation in his penis.

However, others aren't so lucky.


Research shows that around 5.4m snake bites were inflicted on humans globally last year – while 10 years ago the figure was sometimes as low as 1.2m a year.

The World Health Organisation has since called the attacks "arguably the world's biggest hidden health crisis", with one person dying from a bite every four minutes.

In the case of necrosis – a potentially deadly condition caused by bacteria infecting the tissue beneath the skin – the results can be catastrophic.

In 2014, one unnamed 13-year-old girl in Caracas, Venezuela was not treated in time after being bitten by a Bothrops viper.

Doctors had no choice but to amputate before the poison spread further and killed her.

It is one of many snake bite related incidents that have occurred during the past few years.

Meanwhile, vets in the US have even shared horrific pictures to show what a bite from a Sharp-nosed viper does to the human body.

Australian-based venomologist Dr Bryan Fry said after seeing the photos: "That type of snake has a venom that is extremely tissue destroying.

"The reason for this is that they kill their prey by haemorrhagic shock, where some parts of the venom damage the blood vessel walls, while other parts destroy the ability of the blood to clot, leading to a state of massive internal bleeding in a prey animal."

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?

Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too.

Click here to upload yours.

Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.

    Source: Read Full Article

    Previous post Kanye West Reveals Kim Kardashian Cried After He Retrieved Unreleased Sex Tape From Ray J
    Next post Encanto Leaps Past Gunna and the Weeknd to Retake Top Album Spot; Bruno Song Keeps Soaring Through Top 10