A WOMAN has spoken out after she was trapped in a cellar and raped by her so-called friends for six hours.

Colleen Smith, 22, thought she would die as she was attacked by Samantha Hart, 32, and Charlie Olding, 22.

The sickening assault was filmed by Olding's cousin Lee Kitchiner, who was 17 at the time of the attack on September 10 last year.

Maidstone Crown Court heard Colleen was subjected to "vile abuse, intimidation and humiliation".

Colleen, from Medway, Kent, has waived her anonymity to urge other victims to speak out.

She told the Daily Star: "I have been scarred for life and I have had nightmares ever since and they are so bad that I will literally scream, but there’s nothing I can do.

“What they did was make me feel not wanted, ashamed and lonely. I sometimes get voices in my head telling me I’m worthless. I was a happy and lively person but now I’m down and depressed.

“I am just a broken person now.”

She was attacked by the couple three weeks after moving in with them last September.

Hart, Olding and Kitchiner waited for Colleen in an alleyway near the home after a night out.

Colleen was hit in the face before she was dragged into the home and ordered down to the cellar.

She said: “I was totally shocked like ‘why would you do this?’ and it was just very confusing.


“I hoped it was a dream and I was going to wake up any minute, but obviously it wasn’t a dream.”

Colleen was forced to perform a sex act on Olding while the abuse was filmed.

Olding then raped her as the others looked on with Colleen's horrific ordeal lasting six hours before her attackers went to bed.

Colleen said: “I was trying my hardest to tell them to stop but they wouldn’t stop.

“I could see they were filming and I was thinking in my head are they going to send this to my friends? Are they going to send this to people so they can laugh at me and that’s what I was worried about.

“I didn’t know if I was going to live or not.”

Colleen fled to a friend's house at around 11.30am before being rushed to hospital with a suspected broken eye socket.

She added: “I thought 'if I don’t run I will die – If I don’t run I'm gone and my family won’t even know'.”

Colleen, who was later diagnosed with PTSD, gave evidence this year against the trio via videolink in court, which saw than 30 clips from Olding’s phone of the brutal attack.

Hart and Olding, both of Chatham, were convicted of rape and causing a person to engage in sexual activity and jailed for 11 and 10 years respectively.

Kitchiner, now 18, of Strood, Kent, was found guilty of the sexual activity offence, but cleared of rape and assault.

I have been scarred for life and I have had nightmares ever since and they are so bad that I will literally scream

The teen was given a two-year custodial sentence suspended for two years, with 200 hours of unpaid work, 30 rehabilitation sessions, and a 12-month tagged curfew.

Judge Philip Statman said Hart behaved in a “domineering way, exercising power” over the victim in what was “bullying of the most savage kind”.

The Judge said: "Each of you made callous, disgusting remarks about how this act (rape) should be performed.

"It caused your victim to be violated and she felt embarrassed and disgusted by what she was being told to do.


"This was a grave attack of a sexual nature perpetrated on your victim."

Colleen said: “I wanted to go to the sentencing to look them in the eye to show them what they have done to me but I couldn’t.

“But I thought it was an amazing sentence because I feared they would be let free.

“I hope they get what they deserve in prison for what they did to me.”

And she urged that other survivors or rape and sexual assault to tell someone.

Colleen said: “Don’t be scared to speak about what you have been through.

"Please tell someone, I’ve learned that if you tell someone you can get the support you need."

The national telephone helpline for Rape Crisis is 0808 802 9999 and is open between 12:00-2.30pm and 7pm-9.30pm every day of the year.

    Source: Read Full Article