EXCLUSIVE: Horrified parents reveal how killer Afghan asylum seeker chatted up teenage girls at his secondary school while posing as a 14-year-old boy when he was really 19
- Lawangeen Abdulrahimzai handed prison sentence for double murder in Serbia
- But he deceived Border Force and Home Office and was granted entry into UK
- Abdulrahimzai then went on to murder Thomas Roberts, 21, in Bournemouth
Furious parents have told how a killer asylum seeker who posed as a 14-year-old boy was able to chat up teenage girls at a secondary school.
Lawangeen Abdulrahimzai posed as a young Afghan orphan after arriving in Britain in 2019 and was allowed to study at Winton Academy in Bournemouth.
But in reality, he was a 19-year-old man who was wanted by police in Serbia after being sentenced in his absence to 20 years’ imprisonment for shooting two people dead in an apparent argument over people smuggling.
His web of deception – which fooled Border Force and Home Office officials – was made public this week when Abdulrahimzai was convicted of the stab murder of aspiring marine Thomas Roberts in Bournemouth town centre last March.
The custody picture of Lawangeen Abdulrahimzai, 21, following his conviction for murder this week
Outraged mother Abbie Mercy (pictured) said she was furious that Abdulrahimzai was allowed to be with her children on a daily basis
Lawangeen Abdulrahimzai was sentenced to a 20-year prison sentence in his absence following a trial over the killing in Serbia, a preliminary hearing for the UK court case heard.
Prosecutor Nic Lobbenberg KC said: ‘Between July 31 and August 1 in 2018, during the evening in Dobrinci – near the motorway – he murdered two people also from Afghanistan.
‘The name he was using was Huan Yasin.’
Mr Lobbenberg KC said Afghans were staying in a shed in the area when an argument broke out over trafficking.
‘The defendant arrived and an argument broke about the business of transporting migrants.
‘He was armed with an automatic assault rifle, two others had pistols… one of the group said ‘who is the smuggler?’ and then aimed their weapons at the victims
‘He shot 18 rounds of a 7.62 calibre Kalashnikov.
‘It’s a military weapon with great firepower and rapid rate of fire.
‘The range of the shooting was said to be relatively short, three to 10 metres.’
Mr Lobbenberg KC said the killer did not move position and fired six rounds into each victim, with some bullets hitting their heads.
‘An enormous number found their target’, he said.
Abdulrahimzai, who fled Serbia, was later identified by a taxi driver who drove him away from the scene, it was heard.
The taxi driver said he was ‘sweating’ and ‘showing signs of anxiety’, with the court also hearing he got the weapon from ‘gypsies’.
In November 2020 he was convicted of murder in his absence by a Serbian court, having been wanted in the country since the attacks.
He was understood to be 15 at the time of the killings, it was heard.
The Afghani, now 21, was given a foster mother shortly after arriving in the UK – claiming that the Taliban had executed both his parents.
He subsequently enrolled at Winton Academy, but horrified parents of his classmates have now described their horror that he was allowed to mix freely with their children – despite being a cold-blooded adult killer.
Outraged mother Abbie Mercy said: ‘This scumbag was placed at Winton in my son’s year after he had murdered two people at pretty much point blank range!
‘He was allowed to be with two of my children on a daily basis under the assumption he was 14. He was asking girls out.
‘My anger is not with the school, I feel their hands were tied. It’s the local authority and the government.
‘Where’s the duty of care towards my children?’
Cherri Parsons, whose teenage daughter was in the same year as Abdulrahimzai, added: ‘I was fuming when I found out he had been placed in my 14-year-old daughter’s year group.
‘The school did have their hands tied about accepting him as a student, however where they went wrong was not notifying us parents about it instead of trying to sweep it under the rug.
‘Any kind of inappropriate behaviour could have occurred as he was asking 14-year-old girls out and changing with 14-year-old boys in PE.’
Abdulrahimzai had been handed a 20-year prison sentence in his absence after the killings in Serbia.
But he fled to the UK — where he became a street fighter who attacked his foster mother and boasted about his love of knives on TikTok.
Officials were unaware of Abdulrahimzai’s previous convictions — carried out under the alias ‘Huan Yasin’ — until police started investigating Mr Roberts’ murder.
They discovered that two people in Serbia had been shot dead by a petrol station, with Abdulrahimzai identified by witnesses as the killer.
He had also been convicted of drug dealing in Italy and was given a non-custodial sentence after pleading guilty.
But Abdulrahimzai was allowed into the UK after deceiving Border Force, the Home Office and officials at Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council.
He had fooled them so comprehensively that he was placed with foster mother Nicola Marchant-Jones.
An image of the a knife held by Lawangeen Abdulrahimzai in a video posted on his TikTok page
The Afghan national was today convicted of the murder of aspiring Royal Marine Thomas Roberts (above), 21, outside a Subway sandwich shop in Bournemouth on March 12 last year, having stabbed him twice in the chest with a ’10cm blade’
Dorset Police, which investigated the murder of Thomas Roberts, said they had no idea Abdulrahimzai was a convicted double murderer.
But Abdulrahimzai – nicknamed Lo by Ms Marchant-Jones – was caught with a knife but was only given words of advice by police in Bournemouth.
When he nearly headbutted Ms Marchant-Jones during an argument, he was removed from her care.
On March 12 last year, he claimed his third murder victim, stabbing Mr Roberts twice in the chest with a ’10cm blade’ after an argument with the aspiring Royal Marine’s friend about an e-scooter outside a Subway sandwich shop.
Mr Roberts, 21, who was also a DJ, was on a night out with friend James Medway, 24, who got into an argument with Abdulrahimzai.
The murder victim intervened and sustained two stab wounds to his chest from an ‘aggressive’ Abdulrahimzai – with one slicing through his heart.
Firearms officers in balaclavas and full tactical gear swooped on the asylum seeker’s flat in Poole, Dorset, 24 hours after the incident and arrested him.
The asylum seeker, seen here on bus CCTV, broke down in tears and claimed his parents were killed by the Taliban and detailed the alleged torture he endured
Abdulrahimzai deceived Border Force and the Home Office so comprehensively that he was placed with foster mother Nicola Marchant-Jones (pictured)
Abdulrahimzai (centre with black hood) was caught on camera headbutting a reveller on a night just minutes before he murdered an aspiring Royal Marine in a row over an e-scooter
Abdulrahimzai first headed to Serbia through Pakistan and Iran in October 2015, before arriving in Norway later that month with a friend he considered to be like an adopted brother.
He then left Norway and spent some time in Italy and Serbia before returning only to have an asylum application turned down in December 2019.
Fearing he would be deported back to Afghanistan he travelled to Britain, arriving in Poole via a ferry from Cherbourg, France.
Source: Read Full Article