A 13-year-old girl was found dying of an ecstasy overdose in her bedroom just hours after she'd been out buying Monster Munch crisps at the shops.

Eboney Cheshire had been suffering cold-like symptoms four days before her death so was kept off school by her mum Kerry Williams, an inquest at Bootle Coroner's Court heard on Thursday.

The teenager had been given paracetamol and seemed to be on the mend, but she had also been grounded at the time, the Liverpool Echo reports.

In a statement compiled by coroner's officer Kevin Farrell, it was said Mrs Williams left for work on December 2, 2018, and when she returned to their Rainhill home that evening there was a slight "verbal altercation" about the lack of tidying up.

  • Daily Star's newsletter brings you the biggest and best stories – sign up today

Eboney had previously gone out to buy Lucozade, Monster Munch crisps and noodles from a local convenience store.

The family went to bed, but mum-of-two Kerry was later awoken by a noise and found Eboney having a seizure in her bed, with her eyes rolling back.

An ambulance was called and it was initially believed she was having a seizure due to her raised temperature connected with her cold-like symptoms.

At Whiston Hospital, it was established the Rainhill High School pupil's condition was drug-induced and she sadly died.

Oliver Knaggs, the coroner's officer in court, told how police had not identified any offenders for drugs supply crimes, as confirmed by Detective Inspector Leanne Hoban.

  • Dad-of-one, 27, killed by monkey dust drug overdose after 'fit' in girlfriend's car

The enquiry has now been concluded, it was added.

Mrs Williams has previously indicated her belief her daughter must have come into contact with the drug when she went to the local shops on the evening before she died.

She has questioned whether she met a friend – or someone else – who dared or pressured her into taking the drug, or whether someone had even spiked her.

A post mortem examination found Eboney had a temperature of 41.2C and her mum had noted her arms were tensing and she was also sweating.

Toxicology reports revealed an "extremely high level of MDMA, or ecstasy, in a level lying above the range of which fatalities have been reported."

A cause of death of MDMA/ecstasy toxicity was given.

Coroner Julie Goulding said an "extensive investigation" had led to no arrests for the supply of drugs to Eboney and that the 13-year-old had taken the substance herself.

Peter Williams, the teen's grandad, told the hearing: "I don't agree with this," and indicated his wish to appeal the coroner's ruling.

Mrs Williams also spoke in court about her dissatisfaction with the police investigation, insisting her daughter "didn't do this to herself".

"Who puts ecstasy into a drink?" she said.

"Her bottle was laced with drugs… You don't realise how suspicious this is."

Ms Goulding said there was no other conclusion she could reach other than a drug-related death.

In December 2019, at a press conference, Kerry described her daughter as "a very popular and bubbly character, forever making people laugh."

"Eboney oozed confidence, parents have praised me for the way I raised her, because their children had got bullied and Eboney was the one who took them under her wing, and protected them," she said.

"She was very bright and looking forward to her GCSEs…she wanted to be a doctor.

"It's the not knowing what happened, not having her in the house."

Source: Read Full Article