Prince Harry says he ‘was probably a bigot’ before dating Meghan and ‘didn’t see what I now see’ in bombshell 60 Minutes interview to promote his memoir Spare

  • Prince Harry claimed he was likely ‘bigoted’ before dating Meghan Markle 
  • The Duke of Sussex, 38, sat down with Anderson Cooper to discuss his new memoir during a 60 Minutes interview that is set to air on Sunday 
  •  In a clip released by CBS, Harry slammed the British media for also being ‘bigoted’ 
  • Spare is expected to share more bombshell revelations about life at the palace 

Prince Harry admitted he was probably bigoted before his relationship with Meghan Markle. 

The Duke of Sussex, 38, sat down with TV anchor Anderson Cooper CBS News’ 60 Minutes in a new interview set to be released on Sunday to dish on his explosive memoir Spare.  

‘I went into this incredibly naïve,’  Harry told Cooper. ‘I had no idea the British press were so bigoted. Hell, I was probably bigoted before the relationship with Meghan.’ 

Prince Harry claimed he was likely ‘bigoted’ before dating Meghan Markle. The Duke of Sussex, 38, sat down with Anderson Cooper to discuss his new memoir during a 60 Minutes interview that is set to air on Sunday

In a clip released by CBS, Harry slammed the British media for also being ‘bigoted’

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tswV0COUKR4%3Frel%3D0%26showinfo%3D1%26hl%3Den-US

Harry went into Meghan’s struggle with the press which may have made it difficult for the Duchess to adjust to her life as a royal. 

‘What Meghan had to go through was similar in some part to what Kate and what Camila [Queen Consort] went through. Very different circumstances, but then you add in the race element, which is what the press, British press, jumped on straight away,’ Harry said. 

When asked by Cooper to confirm if he was bigoted before meeting Meghan, Harry responded: ‘I don’t know. Put it this way, I didn’t see what I now see.’

In another clip released earlier this week, Harry opened up about the damaging allegations made against his family during the couple’s bombshell Netflix documentary. 

Harry defended himself and Meghan against public criticism of their decision to publicly blast the royal family. 

The Duke insisted that he has ‘tried to do this privately’ but that ‘every single time there have been briefings and leakings.’

‘You know, the family motto is “never complain, never explain,” but it’s just a motto and it doesn’t really hold,’ he said. 

When asked by Cooper whether there had been ‘a lot of complaining and a lot of explaining through leaks,’ Harry claimed: ‘Through leaks. They will feed or have a conversation with the correspondent and that correspondent will literally be spoon fed information and write the story. 

‘And at the bottom of it, they will say that they’ve reached out to Buckingham Palace for comment. But the whole story is Buckingham Palace commenting.’

Harry defended himself and Meghan against public criticism of their decision to publicly blast the royal family in their new Netflix bombshell documentary  

Harry with Cooper in a trailer that was released by the CBS earlier this week

Kate Middleton was more widely ‘accepted’ by the media than Meghan, according to Harry. William and Kate, seen here in 2020

Harry’s upcoming autobiography is said to be so cutting of his brother William that the pair may not be able to reconcile their differences following its release on January 10. Spare will reportedly see King Charles III escape severe criticism.

But it is so tough on the Prince of Wales that insiders fear the sibling relationship, which has been strained considerably since Harry and Meghan Markle announced they were relinquishing their royal duties, will not recover. 

The book will be published just weeks after he and his wife Meghan released their Netflix series detailing their relationship and split from the royal family, while reports have emerged that Meghan is also planning to publish her own bombshell memoir. 

The Duchess of Sussex ‘is contemplating getting entirely candid about her time in the Royal limelight… and leaving no stone unturned,’ according to a source.

In 2021 the couple reportedly signed a four-book deal with publishers Penguin Random House. 

Prince Harry is said to have received a $20 million advance for Spare. 

Prince Harry’s highly anticipated memoir will be entitled ‘Spare’ and is set to be released on January 10, publisher Penguin Random House confirmed

Harry’s upcoming autobiography is said to be so cutting of his brother William that the pair may not be able to reconcile their differences 

The Duchess of Sussex ‘is contemplating getting entirely candid about her time in the Royal limelight. In 2021 the couple reportedly signed a four-book deal with publishers Penguin Random House’

Source: Read Full Article