KATE Middleton's mum Carole Middleton pulled out of a publicity drive for her business because she didn’t want to be “insensitive” to Prince Philip.

After liaising with Prince William and Kate, she asked publishers of Good Housekeeping magazine not to promote her cover interview because she didn’t want to upset the royals whilst the 99-year-old remains in hospital.

Carole's decision comes in the wake of mounting criticism for Harry and Meghan whose explosive tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey is scheduled to air on Sunday night in the US and Monday night in the UK.

Whilst their controversial two hour TV special will be aired regardless of the Duke's condition, Carole refused extra promotion for her business Party Pieces following the interview which was conducted in January.

The news comes as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall yesterday revealed Prince Philip's condition has "slightly improved" after being transferred to a second hospital .

Asked about the Duke by a volunteer during a visit to a vaccination centre in Croydon, Prince Charles' wife said the Royal Family have "finger crossed" for his recovery.

She also revealed Philip "hurts at moments" but didn't give any more details about his current condition.

The Duke is currently on his 16th day in hospital and has still been unable to see the Queen due to Covid restrictions.

The Duke of Edinburgh was taken to the King Edward VII hospital on February 16 as a "precautionary measure" for an infection.

But the Duke was transferred by ambulance to London's St Bartholomew Hospital earlier this week and is now also being treated for a heart condition.

Follow our Prince Philip live blog below for the very latest on his condition…

  • Joseph Gamp

    PALACE FURY AT CLAIMS OF SMEAR CAMPAIGN AGAINST HARRY AND MEGHAN

    Buckingham Palace is reportedly furious at claims from “disingenuous” Meghan Markle and Prince Harry they unleashed a “calculated smear campaign” against them.

    The Times today reported claims the Duchess of Sussex is facing allegations of bullying staff made by one of her closest advisers during her time at Kensington Palace.

    The 39-year-old is even said to have snapped “it’s not my job to coddle people” after aides were left in tears and humiliated by her “difficult demands”.

    But a spokesperson for the Sussexes denied the claims – instead saying Royal aides had launched a “calculated smear campaign” against Meghan ahead of her interview with Oprah Winfrey. They also claimed The Times was “being used by Buckingham Palace to peddle a wholly false narrative.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    BATTLE ROYAL

    Buckingham Palace tonight launched a probe into allegations of bullying by Meghan Markle in the latest explosive twist in the Megxit saga.

    In an unprecedented move the Palace released a statement saying “we are very concerned” at claims the Duchess bullied staff.   

    The bombshell statement said: “We are clearly very concerned about allegations in The Times following claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

    “Accordingly our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article. Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned.

    “The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    CAROLE MIDDLETON ‘RESPECTFUL’ OF PRINCE PHILIP

    Carole Middleton pulled out of a publicity drive for her business because she didn’t want to be “insensitive” to Prince Philip.

    After liaising with Prince William and daughter Kate, she asked publishers of Good Housekeeping magazine not to promote her cover interview because she didn’t want to upset the royals whilst the 99-year-old remains in hospital.

    Her decision comes in the wake of mounting criticism for Harry and Meghan who have filmed an explosive tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey.

    Whilst their controversial two hour TV special airs on Sunday night, Carole refused extra promotion for her business Party Pieces following the interview which was conducted in January.

  • Britta Zeltmann

    PRINCE PHILIP 'IMPROVING'

    Prince Philip is slightly improving and the royal family is keeping its fingers crossed for the hospitalized royal's recovery, his daughter-in-law Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, said Wednesday.

    Philip, 99, has been hospitalized since being admitted February 16 to King Edward VIIs Hospital in London, where he was treated for an infection. On Monday, he was transferred to a specialized cardiac care hospital, St. Bartholomews, to undergo further treatment alongside testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition.

    We heard today that hes slightly improving. So thats very good news," Camilla said during a visit to a coronavirus vaccination center in London. "Well keep our fingers crossed.

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    ROYAL ROW

    A friend of Meghan Markle last night sensationally accused the Palace of racism as the Queen ordered an investigation into claims she bullied staff.

    The Duchess is facing allegations of bullying just days before her ‘tell-all’ interview with Oprah Winfrey. 

    Sources alleged to The Times that Meghan drove two personal assistants out of the household and undermined the confidence of a third.

    The 39-year-old is also said to have snapped "it's not my job to coddle people" after aides were allegedly left in tears and humiliated by her "difficult demands".

    But a friend of the couple told Bazaar.com that Meghan was distressed at the accusations.

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    CONTINUED

    Meghan was pictured during her time as a royal wearing designer labels including Stella McCartney, Givenchy, Prada and Chanel.

    Prince Charles eventually picked up Meghan's wardrobe bill after she married Harry in May 2018.

    Meanwhile, Buckingham Palace’s bombshell bullying probe will look into claims Meghan left behind “a lot of broken people”.

    They include aides described as being “completely destroyed”, it is alleged.

    Meghan said she was “saddened” by the claims and strenuously denies them.

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    OUT OF FASHION – EXCLUSIVE

    Meghan Markle clashed with aides after furious rows over freebie designer clothes sent to Kensington Palace, The Sun can reveal.

    The palace has launched a fresh investigation into allegations the duchess "bullied" staff when she was a working member of the royal family.

    The alleged claims are believed to include rows sparked when the former actress was told by aides that keeping clothes sent by fashion labels was against royal protocol.

    Sources say boxes of designer garments were sent to Kensington Palace for Meghan after she was unveiled as Harry's girlfriend.

    One said: "As an actress, it was perfectly acceptable to take freebies sent by fashion chains and designer labels. But Meghan had to be told it was not the done thing when you are a member of the royal family.”

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    CONTINUED

    The bombshell claims come just days before Meghan and Harry, 36, give their “tell-all” interview with Oprah Winfrey on US telly.

    Writing for MailOnline, Piers said: "All of this makes shocking reading and if it's all true, then it makes a complete mockery of Meghan and Harry's endless victimhood tour.

    "It's too late for Oprah to ask them about it because her interview is in the can.

    "Instead, we'll just hear the Sussexes portray themselves as the bullied victims, not the bullies that it is now claimed they were themselves.

    "And we'll hear Meghan cry that she was silenced, when in fact it's the alleged victims of her own bullying who have been silenced and had their voice taken away."

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    'BEYOND PARODY'

    Piers Morgan has blasted Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's "endless victimhood tour" after bullying claims about the duchess surfaced.

    The 55-year-old presenter said the couple need to take their "hypocritical halos" off as they have finally "cracked".

    The Duchess of Sussex, 39, is facing allegations of bullying staff by one of her closest advisers during her time at Kensington Palace.

    A source told The Times she drove two personal assistants out of the household and undermined the confidence of a third.

    Staff were reportedly bullied and some were even reduced to tears due to difficult demands, but Meghan denies the allegations.

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    CONTINUED

    Last night a source said: "Carole is incredibly proud of her company and all the hard work that goes into it.

    "But whilst backing the business, she didn't want to turn any news into a media circus because she is so respectful and sensitive to Catherine, and the royal family.

    "She always gets William's go-ahead before any interview like this, and he is incredibly supportive.

    "But the more the PR machine rolled out in Los Angeles with Meghan and Harry, the more sensitive Carole became.

    "She decided she didn't want to do any PR for the interview – even if it cost her thousands in potential lost marketing."

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    'RESPECTFUL'

    Carole Middleton pulled out of a publicity drive for her business because she didn't want to be "insensitive" to Prince Philip.

    After liaising with Prince William and daughter Kate, she asked publishers of Good Housekeeping magazine not to promote her cover interview because she didn't want to upset the royals whilst the 99-year-old remains in hospital.

    Her decision comes in the wake of mounting criticism for Harry and Meghan who have filmed an explosive tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey.

    Whilst their controversial two hour TV special airs on Sunday night, Carole refused extra promotion for her business Party Pieces following the interview which was conducted in January.

  • Alice Fuller

    WHAT HAS PRINCE PHILIP PREVIOUSLY BEEN IN HOSPITAL FOR?

    This is not the first time the royal has spent time in hospital, having been admitted for a “precautionary measure” in December 2019.

    Prince Philip also underwent a hip replacement operation back in April 2018 – five years after having exploratory surgery on his abdomen.

    But the Duke of Edinburgh has been plagued by bladder infections and a blocked coronary artery among other ailments.

    He was also taken to hospital following a car crash in January 2019 – but this was only a precaution after walking away unscathed.

  • Alice Fuller

    CAMILLA SUFFERED NO SIDE EFFECTS FROM COVID JAB

    The Duchess of Cornwall has said she suffered no side effects from her Covid-19 jab, and it was painless even though she dislikes needles.

    Camilla continued the royal family's prominent support of the UK's vaccination rollout as she carried out an official engagement at St Paul's Church, Croydon, which is being used as a centre for administering the injections.

    The duchess also spoke about the Duke of Edinburgh's health, saying her 99-year-old father-in-law was "slightly improving".

    She said of Philip, who has spent 15 nights in hospital and is undergoing tests for a pre-existing heart condition: "We heard today that he's slightly improving. So that's very good news. We'll keep our fingers crossed."

  • Alice Fuller

    'PHILIP MADE LIFE DIFFICULT' FOR BEATRICE AND EUGENIE'

    Prince Philip allegedly made "life difficult" for Beatrice and Eugenie with the Fergie royal ban.

    He was reportedly so angry upon seeing pictures of the Duchess of York with her lover John Bryan in 1992 that he banned her from events.

    Speaking to the Channel 5 documentary, Beatrice and Eugenie: Pampered Princesses?, royal expert Richard Kay said Fergie would not stay in Sandringham House, reports The Express.

    Narrator Glynis Barber said: "Fergie was reportedly banished by Prince Philip from family gatherings making life difficult for the princesses."

    Royal expert Wesley Kerr added: "It must have been very hard to understand when they were young girls. Why isn't mummy allowed in the big house anymore."

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    CONTINUED

    "However the prospect of extended restrictions, combined with advice from senior level Scottish Government officials, left us with no other choice but to seek an alternative to the staging of the traditional Royal Highland Show.

    "While deeply disappointing, what is possible is genuinely innovative and exciting, and we are confident that with the power of the latest streaming technology and the finest elements of the show, we can create something truly special that is a true reflection of Scotland's rural industries."

    Along with livestock and equestrian, it is proposed that key elements of the traditional show would feature in the livestreamed event, including young handlers, technical innovation, cookery and handcrafts, together with farriery, forestry and sheep shearing.

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    ROYAL HIGHLAND SHOW CANCELLED FOR SECOND YEAR RUNNING DUE TO PANDEMIC

    The Royal Highland Show has been cancelled for the second year running due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

    The show, organised by the Royal Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland (RHASS), had been due to take place at the end of June at Ingliston outside Edinburgh.

    However, organisers said that due to coronavirus restrictions there was no option but to shelve plans for a traditional 2021 Royal Highland Show.

    Instead, they are planning a show "behind closed doors" which would be livestreamed to give a global audience a flavour of what takes place during the event.

    Bill Gray, RHASS chairman, said: "We had hoped beyond hope, particularly with the direction of travel before Christmas, that the vaccination rollout would enable the show as we know it to go ahead."

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    CONTINUED

    It follows claims reported by The Times today that the Duchess of Sussex is facing allegations of bullying staff made by one of her closest advisers during her time at Kensington Palace.

    The 39-year-old is even said to have snapped "it's not my job to coddle people" after aides were left in tears and humiliated by her "difficult demands".

    It is understood the Palace hopes to start the investigation soon, and any changes in policies or procedures will be shared in the Palace's annual Sovereign Grant report.

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    BATTLE ROYAL

    Buckingham Palace tonight launched a probe into allegations of bullying by Meghan Markle in the latest explosive twist in the Megxit saga.

    In an unprecedented move the Palace released a statement saying "we are very concerned" at claims the Duchess bullied staff.   

    The bombshell statement said: "We are clearly very concerned about allegations in The Times following claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

    "Accordingly our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article. Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned.

    "The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace."

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    CONTINUED

    Since the reports surfaced, Buckingham Palace has refused to comment today – but senior royal sources said that complaints being made by ex-staff members were not in any way being orchestrated by the palace or members of the Royal Family.

    A senior royal source said: "That is patently not the case. It is untrue and disingenuous to say so.

    "Quite frankly there are far more important things going in the world rather than the circus going on round a television interview."

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    PALACE FURY

    Buckingham Palace is reportedly furious at claims from "disingenuous" Meghan Markle and Prince Harry they unleashed a "calculated smear campaign" against them.

    The Times today reported claims the Duchess of Sussex is facing allegations of bullying staff made by one of her closest advisers during her time at Kensington Palace.

    The 39-year-old is even said to have snapped "it's not my job to coddle people" after aides were left in tears and humiliated by her "difficult demands".

    But a spokesperson for the Sussexes denied the claims – instead saying Royal aides had launched a "calculated smear campaign" against Meghan ahead of her interview with Oprah Winfrey. They also claimed The Times was "being used by Buckingham Palace to peddle a wholly false narrative."

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    CONTINUED

    Saturday February 20 – The Prince of Wales makes a 200 mile-round trip to see his father, spending around half an hour at the hospital.

    Tuesday February 23 – Seven days after the duke was admitted, the Palace says he is being treated for an infection and is "comfortable and responding to treatment", but is not expected to leave hospital for several more days. The Earl of Wessex says the duke is a "lot better" and looking forward to getting out.

    Monday March 1 – Philip is transferred in an ambulance to St Bartholomew's Hospital for treatment for an infection and testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition, Buckingham Palace says. The duke is shielded from public view by large umbrellas as he leaves King Edward VII's Hospital.

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    TIMELINE OF PRINCE PHILIP'S STAY IN HOSPITAL

    Tuesday February 16 2021 – The duke is admitted to King Edward VII's Hospital on a precautionary basis after feeling unwell.

    He travels from Windsor Castle by car.

    Philip is said to be in "good spirits" and walks into the private hospital unaided.

    He is expected to stay for a few days.

    Friday February 19 – Sources say Philip is now expected to remain in hospital for "observation and rest" over the weekend and into the next week.

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    PHIL BETTER

    PRINCE Philip is "slightly improving" as he remains in hospital for an infection and pre-existing heart condition, Camilla Parker-Bowles said today.

    The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, was transferred to St Bartholomew's in London on Monday where he will stay until at least the end of the week.

    He is undergoing testing for his pre-existing heart problem at the hospital, which is one of the country’s leading specialist cardiac centres.

    The Duchess of Cornwall gave an update on her father-in-law today as she visited a vaccination centre in Croydon, South London.

    She confirmed his condition is "slightly improving".

  • Debbie White

    WHEN DID PRINCE PHILIP RETIRE?

    The Duke of Edinburgh formally retired on August 2, 2017, bowing out with a parade of Royal Marine commandos at Buckingham Palace.

    He now takes more of a back seat role, although he occasionally appears alongside other royals at public events.

  • Debbie White

    PRINCE PHILIP CHATTING TO PRINCES EDWARD AND CHARLES

    Last week, Prince Edward said he had spoken to his father, Prince Philip, on the phone, who was "looking forward to getting out".

    He told Sky: "As far as I'm aware, well I did speak to them the other day, so he's a lot better thank you very much indeed, and he's looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing.

    "So we keep our fingers crossed."

    Meanwhile, Prince Charles visited his father the weekend before last, looking sombre as he left.

    It is understood Charles wanted to visit his father due to his extended hospital stay.

Source: Read Full Article