Urgent vet warning over most dangerous place in your home for your dog | The Sun

A VET has issued an urgent warning to pet owners about the most dangerous place in their home for dogs.

Rachel Barrack revealed the one room you should never let your pooch into, as it could be deadly.

Rachel said that homeowners should keep their pets, especially largerdogs, out of the bathroom because of the risk of them consuming contaminated water.

She told Insider: "Toilet bowls do not contain clean water that is appropriate for your dog or cat to consume.

"Keep the lid down so your large-breed dog cannot access the bowl."

The leading vet explained that cleaning products, especially those containing strong chemicals, can also be toxic to your furry friends.


Heartbroken family of Nottingham victim, 19, hit by double tragedy

Brits to soak up 24C sunshine making it hotter than Bilbao – before storms hit

Instead, she recommended using softer products all around the home rather than using harsh cleaners like bleach.

She also urged people to keep everyday bathroom items as far out of reach as possible.

On that subject, Ivan Ivanov, from End of Tenancy Cleaning, told The Express: "Although many popular cleaning products can give us the results we want, they are not so kind to pets, potentially putting them at risk of serious health problems.

"If they are fragrance-free, they are safer for your pet."

Most read in The Sun


ITV boss reveals what would have happened to Schofield if he’d admitted affair


Huge pop star goes celibate – 23 years after boasting about sex life in hit


Emotional moment Nottingham victims’ weeping families embrace at vigil


Newcastle release EIGHT players and offer shock contract to forgotten man

This is particularly important after another vet revealed that essential oil diffusers, often found in bathrooms, can contain hidden toxins for dogs.

It comes after pet owners with artificial grass gardens were warned over how they could seriously injure their dog.

Meanwhile, as the hot weather rolls on, there was a warning from ITV vet Dr Scott Miller for Brits getting their barbecues out this summer.

Source: Read Full Article

Previous post Banksy's works go on display in his first solo exhibition in 14 years
Next post Gunna Announces New Project ‘A Gift and A Curse’