EXCLUSIVE: Videos show Travis Scott stopping his Astroworld performance to call for help after fan ‘passes out’ in the crowd and asking for a ‘medic’ for another distressed concertgoer at previous show

  • Videos have emerged showing Travis Scott asking for medical help for a distressed fan at Astroworld this weekend as well as at his previous concerts 
  • A clip obtained by DailyMail.com reveals the rapper did in fact pause his Houston performance Friday after spotting something wrong in the crowd 
  • ‘Whoa, whoa. We need someone to help, somebody passed out right here,’ Scott says as the music cuts. ‘Everybody just back up’
  • In a second clip from a 2018 show in Montreal, Scott is seen repeatedly calling for help when a fan was taken ill from the crowd 
  • He stops performing as he spots trouble and says: ‘hold on, hold on, hold on, let’s get a medic out there’
  • A visibly concerned Scott then asks security if they’ve picked up the concertgoer in trouble, saying, ‘I just want to make sure you made it out OK’
  • The newly surfaced videos come days after the deadly concert in Houston left eight dead and one woman braindead

Travis Scott briefly paused his Astroworld performance to call for help for a distressed fan during last weekend’s deadly concert in Houston that left eight dead and one woman braindead, DailyMail.com can reveal.

Video obtained exclusively by DailyMail.com shows the 30-year-old rapper stopping his show after spotting someone ‘pass out’ in the crowd on Friday. 

In the clip, Scott is seen singing on a platform before abruptly cutting the music mid-performance to alert security. 

‘Whoa, whoa. We need someone to help, somebody passed out right here,’ he says with his voice still autotuned. 

‘Hold on. Don’t touch them! Don’t touch them!’ he tells the crowd. 

‘Everybody just back up. Security, somebody help jump in real quick….. come on, come on, someone get in there,’ he says.   

Scroll down for video 

A video clip obtained by DailyMail.com reveals Travis Scott did briefly pause his Astroworld performance in Houston on Friday after spotting something wrong in the crowd

Scott is seen singing on a platform before abruptly cutting the music mid-performance to call attention to a distressed fan 

‘Whoa, whoa. We need someone to help, somebody passed out right here,’ he says with his voice still autotuned. The fan was later seen being carried out 

The rap star then bizarrely starts to vocalize on the mic as the fan is taken away from the audience. 

A second clip obtained by DailyMail.com shows Scott previously intervened to help fans, with footage shot in Montreal in 2018 showing him repeatedly calling for help when a fan was taken ill. 

In the clip, he is seen stopping the show again and telling people at the front to move back and help the people in trouble.   

He is seen at one point saying ‘hold on, hold on, hold on, let’s get a medic out there’ as he spots trouble in the crowd.

Scott goes on: ‘Everybody needs to step back. Everyone on this side take two steps to the right; everyone on this side two steps to the left.’

A clearly concerned Scott is then seen asking security if they’ve picked up the concertgoer in trouble before calling for a medic and saying, ‘I just want to make sure you made it out OK.’

The new videos emerged as the family of a ninth crush victim, college student Bharti Shahani, 22, revealed she has been declared braindead after suffering multiple heart attacks. 

A second clip shows Scott at his 2018 concert in Montreal repeatedly calling for help when a fan was taken ill from the crowd


After spotting trouble in the crowd, Scott stops singing and speaks into his mic: ‘hold on, hold on, hold on, let’s get a medic out there’ 

A clearly concerned Scott is then seen asking security if they’ve picked up the concertgoer in trouble before calling for a medic and saying, ‘I just want to make sure you made it out OK’

Her devastated family told ABC13 she has zero chance of survival which would take the death toll from the Astroworld tragedy to nine.

The other victims, aged between 14 and 27, are: Axel Acosta Avila, 21, Danish Baig, 27, Madison Dubiski, 23, John Hilgert, 14, Jacob Jurinek, 20, Franco Patino, 21, Rodolfo Pena, 23, and Brianna Rodriguez, 16. 

Sources close to Scott say the rapper has been left ‘in pieces’ by the tragedy and can’t talk about it without crying. 

Scott has been widely criticized for continuing to play on for 38 minutes after Houston PD declared a mass casualty incident and for attending a party with fellow rapper Drake in the hours after the tragedy.

But Scott’s lawyer told DailyMail.com that the rapper did pause the show when he spotted fans in trouble and was wearing an earpiece during the gig which limited what he could hear. 

Ed McPherson also revealed Scott was not allowed to stop the show himself due to a security protocol that put the decision in the hands of the producers. He said that when told to stop, he did.

The new videos emerged as the family of a ninth crush victim, college student Bharti Shahani, 22, a senior at Texas A&M, revealed she has been declared braindead after suffering multiple heart attacks 

Travis Scott said he will cover the funeral costs for the eight victims killed during a violent crowd surge at his Astroworld Festival on Friday in Houston, Texas

McPherson said: ‘There’s very little that you can see [from the stage]. You’re up there to perform. Your job is to entertain the crowd and get the crowd going.

‘You can’t see these things [crowd trouble]. You certainly can’t hear anything. This was in the middle of the night and that compounds things on stage. All you see is black in front of you.’ 

He added: ‘There are flashpops going on all around you for the pyrotechnics and as you can probably see in some of the photographs, these bright pyrotechnics are right next to him.

‘So he’s seeing bright lights, he’s seeing nothing in the audience. The only thing he has in his ear are ear monitors that have music playing and his own voice.

‘There were protocols for stopping – he was ultimately told he had to stop the show early which he did exactly when he was told.

‘He really couldn’t see anything. This was a loud and engaged crowd. He certainly couldn’t see individual people.

‘When he did see things that concerned him, he stopped for a bit to try to make sure they got help – he certainly delayed the show to get them help.’

Scott released a statement in the aftermath of the tragedy in which he said he was ‘absolutely devastated’ by the loss of life.

The crowd surged towards the front at 9pm; at 9:30pm an ambulance was spotted by Scott pushing through the crowd

Around 2pm Friday, hundreds of fans stormed the festival’s VIP entrance. Seven hours later, the surge in front of the main stage killed eight people

The Houston native went on: ‘My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at the Astroworld Festival.

‘Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into the tragic loss of life.

‘I am committed to working together with the Houston community to heal and support the families in need.’

He has since offered to pay the cost of the victim’s funerals and has set up a counseling service for fans affected by the tragedy.

But he is also facing legal action from some of the wounded, with 68 signing up to a lawsuit filed Sunday that could cost him millions in damages and accuses him of ‘inciting mayhem’.

The suit, filed in Houston’s Harris County court, claims Scott ‘had incited mayhem and chaos at prior events’ and that ‘defendants knew or should have known of (Scott’s) prior conduct.’

A second lawsuit has been filed by attorney Ben Crump on behalf of concertgoer Noah Gutierrez, 21, who described ‘a scene of chaos and desperation.’

300 people were injured in the crush, including 11 who went into cardiac arrest and dozens more who were knocked unconscious. 

VICTIMS OF TRAVIS SCOTT’S ASTROWORLD FESTIVAL

Eight people died on Friday at Travis Scott’s music festival in Houston, Texas, with the victims ranging in age from 14 to 27.

John Hilgert, 14 

John Hilgert, 14 

John Hilgert, of Hunters Creek Village, was identified as one of the concert fatalities on Saturday by officials at Memorial High School, where he was a freshman student.

Hilgert attended Friday’s concert with his long-time friend Robby Hendrix, 15.

Henrdix’s mother, Tracy Faulkner, bought her son’s ticket for his birthday and ‘ultimately regrets the decision’.

‘Everything about that night was a tragedy,’ Faulkner told the Houston Chronicle. ‘They were both in the same place at the same time and one came home and one we will never see.’

She said Hilgret and Hendrix had known each other for years and played football together.

‘John was a good student and athlete and so polite. He was the sweetest and smartest young man,’ she shared.

Brianna Rodriguez, 16 

Brianna Rodriguez, 16

Brianna Rodriguez was a dancer and junior in high school. On Saturday her family confirmed that she was one of the eight victims who died.

A GoFundMe account set up by her family described her as a ‘beautiful vibrant 16-year-old’.

‘Dancing was her passion and now she’s dancing her way to heaven’s pearly gates.’ 

Jacob Jurinek, 20

Jacob Jurinek attended the concert with his best friend Franco Patino when both were trampled to death. The pair grew up in the same Illinois town of Naperville.  

A friend, going by the name Ana Lissa Marie, was distraught at the death of Jurinek, who was studying art and media at Southern Illinois University, and had traveled to Houston with Patino to celebrate Jurinek’s birthday.

‘I lost all my respect for Travis Scott,’ she tweeted.

‘What happened was absolutely disgusting. RIP to all the ones that lost their lives. To Jacob Jurinek, you will be missed kid. thank you for all the laughs.

‘My condolences go to all the families that lost lives.’


Other victims included University of Dayton student Franco Patino (right), 21, who was attending the event with his best friend, 20-year-old Jacob Jurinek, when both were trampled to death 

Franco Patino, 21    

The University of Dayton confirmed to DailyMail.com that student Franco Patino of Naperville, Illinois, attended the concert in Houston on Friday.

The mechanical engineering technology major was involved in several campus extracurriculars and had most recently been working in a co-op program in Mason, Ohio.

University president Eric F Spina extended his sympathy and prayers to Patino’s loved ones and the campus community.

Patino’s fraternity, Alpha Psi Lambda, also issued condolences to his friends and family.

‘It is with a very heavy heart, Alpha Psi Lambda National, Inc shares that our brother, Franco “Cuauhocelotl” Patino, has passed on to Omega Chapter,’ the organization wrote on Facebook.

‘We extend our condolences to his family, friends, Alpha Nu Chapter and all that share in this loss. May his memory be eternal.’

The college senior joined the fraternity’s University of Dayton chapter last year. 

Patino (left) and Jurinek grew up in the same Illinois town and were best friends

Axel Acosta, 21  

Edgar Acosta on Monday held a press conference with Texas attorney Tony Buzbee to announce he was suing over the death of his son Axel Acosta, who had traveled from Washington to attend the festival – his first concert.

Axel Acosta, 21

‘They need to make things change in these type of events,’ he said.

‘Today it was me. I lost my son. It could’ve been you,’ Acosta said.

‘When you send your kid to have some fun, because somebody else is not providing the right… I don’t know I can explain. The right security.

‘Because it is not the first time that he has been in big events, right?

‘You can go to Disneyland and have fun. You can go to a baseball game and have fun. Because they have the right security, the right people, some people assisting those injured.

‘It’s hard to explain.’

Rodolfo ‘Rudy’ Peña, 23 

Peña, from Laredo, Texas, died of cardiac arrest after being injured at the show.

He was a medical assistant and criminal justice major with aspirations to become a model and dreamed of one day being a US Border Patrol agent.  

‘What happened this past weekend is a direct result of what happens when the pursuit of financial gain and fame take precedence over protecting the lives of the innocent,’ said Almaraz Law Firm, representing the Peñas, in a statement.

‘It is a testament to the current state of live events and the greed that runs rampant in this industry.

‘Nobody should feel unsafe enjoying something they love, and unfortunately this is exactly what has transpired.

‘We vow to work diligently and responsibly to bring justice to the Peña family and to all afflicted, and we will not rest until these voices have been heard loud and clear.

‘We will hold responsible parties accountable and fight to ensure that something positive comes of this unmitigated disaster. Something must change. Something will change.’ 

Rodolfo ‘Rudy’ Peña, 23

Madison Dubiski, 23

Madison Dubiski of Cypress, Texas, was the eighth and final victim to be identified on Monday.

The former Ole Miss student was yanked from her brother Ty, who tried to pull her to safety, in the surge and disappeared in the crowd.

Dubiski studied at the University of Mississippi between 2016 and 2017 and worked in advertising and marketing. She went to Cy-Fair High School, where she was a Varsity cheerleader and member of National Charity League, a community service organization for mothers and their daughters in middle and high school.

Friends said that her mother Michelle was her best friend and that she was very close with Ty, who graduated from Cy-Fair in 2019.

Madison Dubiski, 23

Danish Baig, 27  

Basil Mirza Baig took to Facebook Saturday announcing that his brother, Danish Baig also died at Astroworld.

‘My brother was killed in this horrendous event that was managed poorly and supervised by such horrible people,’ Baig wrote.

‘People were trampled, walked and stomped on. My brother tried to save my sister-in-law from these horrendous acts that were being done to her in the process he lost his life.’

Baig described Danish as a beautiful soul who put everyone before himself.

‘Last night he showed his courageous act to save my sister-in-law from those horrendous things that were being done. I am lost of words and in true trauma from this event,’ he added.

‘I was there and I wasn’t able to save my brother. People were hitting pushing and shoving and did not care for anyone’s life.’

Baig also accused the rapper of provoking the chaos by ‘calling people to the stage to jump into the crowd’ and for ‘not stopping the show’.

‘This is not the end,’ Baig warned. ‘My family and I will go to the full extent to make sure he is brought to justice.’

Danish Baig, 27

Source: Read Full Article