Meghan Markle is reportedly set to heal her four year long rift with her estranged father Thomas.

The Duchess of Sussex, 40, is understood to have made attempts to reach out to her dad, 77, after he suffered a stroke last week.

Meghan's dad Thomas has now left hospital five days after he was rushed to a hospital near his home in Rosarito, Mexico and was later transferred to another medical facility in San Diego, California.

Thomas' stroke was caused by a blood clot on the right side of his brain. After loosing his speech, but making "remarkable progress" Thomas told the Mail on Sunday: "I feel hugely grateful and know how lucky I am to be alive.

"I want to thank everyone, especially the wonderful doctors and nurses who saved my life. They are angels.

"I have been deeply moved by loving messages I’ve received from all over the world. People have been so kind. I can’t speak right now, but I am working hard and will thank people properly when I can."

He added by writing on a whiteboard with a felt tip pen: "I wanted to come to pay my respects to the Queen. I wish her a happy Jubilee and many more years."

Meanwhile, it has also been reported by the Mirror that Meghan is "concerned" about her estranged father and has been making attempts to make contact with him.

A source said: "Despite their estrangement, Meghan is concerned. She wants to know if there is any way to contact her father privately, without other family knowing about it or having to get involved."

However, Meghan reportedly doesn't wish to go through her estranged half-siblings Thomas Jr, 44, and Samantha, 57, to speak to her dad as they "have their own agendas".

Meghan is being sued for defamation by Samantha, who is understood to have remained in Florida while her dad was hospitalised. Thomas Jr is said to have been with his dad at hospital.

The insider added: "Meghan can’t contact her half-siblings because she believes they have their own agendas.

"If she can contact their dad, she wants it to be totally private. It won’t involve Netflix, it won’t involve any photographs and it must not involve any tip-offs to the paparazzi."

OK! has contacted Meghan's representatives for comment.

Meghan, her husband Harry and their two children Archie and Lilibet are due to travel to the UK next week to mark the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

Despite Meghan's reported efforts to heal a rift with her dad, the same cannot be said for Harry and his family, royal expert Duncan Larcombe told OK!.

He explained: "Make no mistake if they're back in the UK we know it's only because of the Queen.

"They're certainly not flying back to see William, Kate or Prince Charles. So I think they'll spend as little time as possible with them, but they will want to see the Queen."

For all the latest stories on Meghan, Harry and the rest of of the Royal Family, sign up for OK! 's Royals newsletter here.

Source: Read Full Article