‘They have lots to say!’: Escape To The Chateau’s Dick and Angel Strawbridge to embark on UK tour after shock Channel 4 axe over ‘bullying’ claims
- READ MORE: As the Escape To The Chateau couple shut up shop, a look at how their halo slipped amid bullying claims, ‘c**t’ rant and Channel 4 rows
Escape To The Chateau stars Dick and Angel Strawbridge have announced they are embarking on a UK tour in 2024 after their shock Channel 4 axe.
The couple were booted by the broadcaster ‘following a review’ into their conduct and claims of bullying and clashes.
And now Angel, 45, and Dick, 63, have revealed they have ‘lots to say’ as they take to the road on their 33-date theatre tour with a show entitled Dick and Angel – Forever Home (Avec Le Nitty Gritty).
Writing on their website they said: ‘Touring with [children] Arthur, Dorothy, Papi & Grandma has been such a joy, and we can’t wait to return to the UK to share tales of our adventures, challenges, and the successes of building and living our Chateau dream’.
‘There is only so much of our story that be told on the telly, and as life at the Château continues to evolve, we will share insight into make it takes to build a forever home’.
On the road: Escape To The Chateau stars Dick, 63, and Angel Strawbridge, 45 have announced they are embarking on a UK theatre tour after their shock Channel 4 axe
AXED: The couple were booted by the broadcaster ‘following a review’ into their conduct and claims of bullying and clashes
‘Expect an interactive evening of fun, games, myth-busting and stories, and experience the Château like never before’.
It then continued: ‘They may be an “odd couple”, but this charismatic pair have a love story to share, and a lot to say.
‘A highly interactive show, with fun, games and the chance to pose your own questions, you do not want to miss this’.
The 33-date tour will travel the country with the duo taking to the stage in everywhere from Glasgow to Brighton, and even two nights at the world famous London Palladium.
It comes after the couple said they have had a ‘humbling couple of days’ after their shock Channel 4 exit.
But Angel and Dick are determined to focus on pastures new as they welcomed 1,000 fans into their home in France and plugged the tour.
The Strawbridges shared an update on the latest ongoings at the chateau after their bombshell axe.
Taking to Instagram they wrote: ‘A huge hello to you on this Wonderful Wednesday! It’s been a humbling couple of days here for us and our team.
Treading the boards: And now Angel, 45, and Dick, 63, have revealed they have ‘lots to say’ as they take to the road on their 33-date tour next year with a show entitled Dick and Angel – Forever Home
Travels: The tour will travel the country with the duo taking to the stage in everywhere from Glasgow to Brighton, and even two nights at the world famous London Palladium
‘1,000 Chateau hugs…1,000 cakes, lots of bubbly in teacups, plenty of smiles, and two wedding proposals took place at our biggest event ever.
‘From invite to execution, it took 15 months, but our postponed Meet & Greet from last year’s theatre tour finally took place
‘We can’t thank everyone enough for coming all the way to see us, it was incredible and will be talked about for many years to come!’
Fans who visited the chateau shared their experiences of meeting Dick and Angel in the comment section.
One wrote: ‘My husband and I attended yesterday. It was a fantastic day. Angel,
Channel 4 launched an independent inquiry after production company Two Rivers Media raised concerns about the Strawbridges and announced it would no longer work with them.
A Channel 4 spokesman said: ‘Following a review, we have taken the decision not to work with Dick and Angel on any new productions in the future.’
Humbling: It comes after the couple said they have had a ‘humbling couple of days’ after their shock Channel 4 exit (pictured with children Arthur and Dorothy)
Busy: The Strawbridges shared an update on the latest ongoings at the chateau after their bombshell axe
The series turned the couple into household names as 2.5million viewers regularly turned in to see the renovation of their 19th-century Château de la Motte-Husson in Martigné-sur-Mayenne, France.
It was previously made by production firm Spark Media Partners, who oversaw the first four seasons from 2016 to 2018. But it also allegedly cut ties with the Strawbridges due to a feud.
A representative for Channel 4 said: ‘Channel 4 is taking an active role in challenging unacceptable behaviour in our industry.
‘Following a review of our processes in 2021 we have made it easier to raise complaints both formally and informally.
‘We require all our production partners to follow our Supplier Code of Conduct and when concerns are raised with us, they will be taken seriously and action will happen to ensure they are investigated and addressed appropriately.
‘There is always more to do and alongside our suppliers we are committed to building safe, inclusive and professional working environments.’
Recent weeks have seen Angel and Dick branded ‘spiky’, ‘volatile’ and ‘a nightmare to work with’ amid their feud with Channel 4, after the network confirmed they’d cut ties with the couple.
Sources close to the couple told MailOnline their behaviour on set was nothing like their ‘gorgeous’ on-screen personas.
Insiders added they couldn’t hide their ‘real characters’ to crew members who spent weeks with them filming the popular show in north-west France .
A representative for Angel and Dick Strawbridge declined to comment further to MailOnline.
Source: Read Full Article