Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been living in their £11 million mansion in Montecito, California, since 2020 after they stepped away from their royal duties.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have kept a lot of their life private since moving away from the UK, especially their family home but new photographs of the property have now surfaced online.

Their Santa Barbara property was once available to rent via Giggster for productions, with photographs of the property uploaded online revealing the inside of the house.

Earlier this year, the Prince made it clear that he and his family have settled well in California, and now considers it "home".

The Daily Express reported him as saying: “Home for me now is for the time being… in the States and it feels that way.

“We’ve been welcomed with open arms and have a great community in Santa Barbara.”

A royal commentator has said their home is in an “idyllic situation right between the mountains and the ocean," and is relatively private more than 90 miles away from Los Angeles.

In the photos and property information, the mansion appears to be a large, Mediterranean-style property, which comes with nine bedrooms and 16 bathrooms.

According to reports, the property has been nicknamed "The Chateau of Riven Rock".

The photos reveals the Italian-inspired property to have a games room, gym, library, wine cellar, and even a cinema.

Meanwhile, outside, there is a swimming pool as well as 7.4 acres of land offering plenty of space for Archie, Lilibet, and Meghan and Harry's dogs to play in.

There are also reports that in the garden, there is a playhouse there for the children to enjoy.

However, it's also said that despite the couple being very much settled in America, they "aren't over the moon" about the house itself.

The reports claim they “want to stay in the neighbourhood or nearby but they aren't over the moon about the house and the location".

It is very unlikely the family will return to the UK any time soon, with Harry's relationship to his brother, William, still frayed following the Sussexes' bombshell interview with Oprah.

The Mail on Sunday's assistant editor, Kate Mansey, has claimed that Meghan's comments damaged the relationship between the Royal brothers, and that their relationship continues to be "frosty".

Speaking to Palace Confidential on Mailplus, Ms Mansey said: "It was such a shame. It was described to me as civil which is palace courtier for what the rest of us would refer to as frosty.

"You do wonder whether it could be their kind of gift to the Queen to make up somehow. But there's been so much said obviously with, Oprah.

"I do think those comments aimed at Kate were extremely damaging to the brothers' friendship. Then we have this book coming out and who knows what will be in it."

The comments from Meghan about Kate include suggesting that the Duchess of Cambridge made Meghan cry at the bridesmaid dress fitting of Kate's daughter, Princess Charlotte.

Despite reports suggesting that Meghan had made Kate cry, Meghan told Oprah that "the reverse" happened instead.

READ MORE:

  • Kate's efforts to reunite William and Harry 'failed' and there's 'nothing more to be done'
  • Inside reason Prince William doesn't wear a wedding ring but brother Harry does

  • Meghan Markle's Kate comments 'damaging to William and Harry's relationship'

  • Prince Charles left Harry and Meghan 'feeling slighted' with shock Kate gesture, expert says

  • Stay up to date with the latest royal news by signing up to OK!'s newsletter

Source: Read Full Article