• Bookmark
  • Share your email to get soaps interviews, spoilers from the Star

    We have more newsletters

    Actor Davood Ghadami has been left devastated after two arson attacks destroyed buildings on his Grade II listed estate.

    The former EastEnders star, 40, saw separate fires within a week of each other decimate the main building and an outbuilding at his property in Harlow.

    Both Essex Police and Essex County Fire & Rescue Service have since confirmed the Netteswell Hall blazes were started deliberately.

    READ MORE: EastEnders star unrecognisable in House of the Dragon 15 years after tragic soap death

    The first incident, which occurred on October 1, resulted in six crews being dispatched to a fire in the property's main building.

    It took firefighters almost four hours to distinguish the flames, meanwhile, leaving officer Ben Turner to comment: "Crews worked really hard in challenging conditions to get the fire under control.

    "The roof collapsed, which made extinguishing the fire even more difficult.

    "Crews worked tirelessly and I'd like to thank crews from Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service for their assistance."

    Seven days later disaster struck again for Davood – who starred as Kush Kazemi in the BBC1 soap – as an outbuilding attached to the property was also seen alight.

    Gloomy looking Holby City star Davood was later pictured walking by the scene assessing the damage.

    Essex Police said in a statement: "We are investigating two fires at a property in Park Lane, Harlow that occurred on 1 October (crime reference 42/253181/22) and 8 October (crime reference 42/254106/22).

    "We are treating both incidents as arson and enquiries continue.

    "If you have any information, CCTV, dash-cam or other footage in relation to this incident, then please get in contact with us."

    Davood, who owns property business Blackraven Developments along with members of his family, had previously hoped to erect 20 houses on the estate.

    Approved plans from earlier this year outlined his intention to also convert the Hall into four flats.

    Such plans caused outrage among locals, however, after it was revealed the former Strictly Come Dancing contestant's company had been successful in removing affordable housing plans from their initial application.

    For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

    READ NEXT:

    • Ex-EastEnders star arrested after scamming OAP out of £80,000 for 'sex services'
    • EastEnders star says meeting King Charles was more surreal than first day on set
    • EastEnders star teases fireworks as 'there’s always something sexy' with Sam Mitchell
    • Eastenders

    Source: Read Full Article