WHILE much of spring has been a total washout, there's good news ahead for those who've been waiting to bask in some UK heat.
According to the Met Office, Britain is set to sizzle in a June heatwave, making it an ideal time for a holiday park break with the family.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue
In its late May forecast, the Met Office said that "overall drier and brighter conditions" will set in.
Sunshine at the start of June will set the scene nicely for when all restrictions are due to lift on June 21.
Those looking to make the most of the temperature rise can find some cheap deals at holiday parks still:
- Haven June 2-night breaks from £160 per stay
- Haven 3-night breaks from £235 per stay
- Park UK Holidays 3-night breaks from £197 per stay
- Park UK Holidays 4-night breaks from £144 per stay
- Away Resorts 3-night breaks from £244 per stay
- Shorefield 3-night breaks from £287 per stay
- John Fowler Holidays 3-night breaks from £179 per stay
- Center Parcs 3-night breaks from £729 per stay
- Butlin's 3-night breaks from £450 per stay
Last summer saw the longest "extreme heatwave" since records began in 1841, with 34C daily for six days in a row from August 7 to 12.
The sunny spell was an even longer run than 1976's drought-hit summer which saw standpipes on the streets.
This week’s best UK travel deals
- Bargain London city breaks from £27 a night
- Premier Inn reopen with 2 million rooms for £29
- B&Bs in England are now open – here are deals in top seaside spots from £25
- Best theme park break deals including Peppa Pig World from £52pp
- Best UK glamping breaks this summer
- Pontins summer holiday breaks from just £119
As we wait with baited breath for next month's potential heatwave, its sunshine and showers for the rest of May – including the Bank Holiday Weekend.
If you're looking for more staycation inspiration, we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.
There are also great UK coach trips for families and campsites with availability for summer.
Alternatively, we've found holiday park party weekenders, cheap staycation breaks with hot tubs and treehouse stays.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article