BLACKPOOL, Torquay and St Ives have all been named in Booking.com's list of most searched staycation destinations.
The coastal hotspots are among the ten most popular places that Brits are wanting to head to this summer.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue
Booking.com has logged the most popular UK destinations for Brits this summer as the country starts to open up.
Other UK destinations that have seen an increase in searches include Bath, Newquay, Brighton and Bournemouth.
Edinburgh, Inverness and York also made the list.
With domestic travel starting up in England from April 12, now's a great time to book a UK break in one of these popular destinations.
Some of the best deals are:
- Booking.com Blackpool hotels from £75 per stay
- Haven Blackpool 3-night breaks from £125 per stay
- Premier Inn hotel stays from £87 per stay
- Booking.com Torquay hotels from £117 per stay
- Park Dean Resorts Torquay Holiday park 3-night breaks from £179 per stay
- Premier Inn Torquay hotels from £202.50 per stay
- Sykes Cottages 3-night breaks from £311 per stay
- Holidaycottages.co.uk 3-night breaks from £419 per stay
- Booking.com St Ives hotels from £285 per stay
- Sykes Holiday Cottages 3-night breaks from £374 per stay
- Airbnb 3-night breaks from £100 per night
- Snaptrip 3-night breaks from £285 per stay
The research also revealed that two in three UK travellers (68 per cent) feel more hopeful about travelling in 2021, in light of the recent vaccine rollout.
It also found that 64 per cent of Brits confirm they won’t travel internationally until they have been vaccinated.
Holidays can go ahead in the England from April 12, the government have confirmed, although this is only at self-catered properties and households can't mix.
From May 17, hotels will be able to open and households can go on holiday together in the UK – holidays abroad are yet to be given the go ahead.
If you're looking for more staycation inspiration, we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.
There are also great UK coach trips for families and campsites with availability for summer.
Alternatively, we've found holiday park party weekenders, cheap staycation breaks with hot tubs and treehouse stays.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article