THE biggest winter sun bargains for Brits looking to go on holiday in January can be found in Spain and Cyprus, with prices from £51pp a night.
If you're willing to travel further, long-haul destinations include Orlando in Florida, Dubai and Thailand.
The Post Office report found those destinations to be the cheapest for Brits, using a three-course dinner for two with wine, a cup of coffee, a bottle of local beer, sunscreen, bug repellent, a Coca Cola can, a glass of wine, a bottle of still water as cross-references to compile the list.
The best bargain holidays were in Turkey; however, the temperatures are not the warmest in winter.
Spain and Cyprus are good contenders coming in fifth and sixth spots.
The average cost for a package holiday, a daily cup of coffee, beer and a three-course meal, is less than £500 per person.
Most read in travel
How £1BILLION cruise ship that NEVER launched could be saved from the scrapheap
Woman pays just £20.84 for seven-night 4* holiday to Lanzarote – here is how
I've travelled the world – I swear by £8.99 'game-changer' item for long flights
Couple have bizarre game to pick their holidays – and people are loving it
Temperatures also stay around 20 degrees in January, which is much warmer than in the UK.
We found some deals for a holiday to Cyprus, with the cheapest deals available from £369pp on a bed and breakfast basis.
The deal is available at the Paphos Gardens hotel on January 4, working out at £52pp a night.
If you're looking for an all-inclusive deal, we've also found prices from £572pp (£81pppn) at Leonardo Plaza Cypria Maris Beach Hotel And Spa on January 4.
Here are some of the best deals we've found in Cyprus:
- Seven nights all-inclusive at The King Jason in Paphos, on January 4 – from £599pp
- Seven nights b&b at Elias Beach Hotel in Limassol, on January 4 – from £394pp
Spain also came out on top for a bargain – both Tenerife and Lanzarote average holiday costs for a week came to £500 and £555, respectively – although holidays to Spain can be found for less than £180pp, including flights.
Here are the best deals we've found for holidays in Spain in January:
- Seven nights self-catering at TUI SUNEO Tamaimo Tropical in Puerto de Santiago, on January 9 – from £436pp
- Seven nights all-inclusive at Catalonia Punta Del Rey in Las Caletillas, on January 9 – from £449pp
- Seven nights all-inclusive at Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas in Puerto de la Cruz, on January 8 – from £486pp
- Seven nights self-catering at Laguna Park II Apartments in Costa Adeje, on January 16 – from £381pp
- Seven nights full-board at GF Noelia in Puerto De La Cruz, on January 16 – from £509pp
- Seven nights self-catering at Lanzarote Paradise in Costa Teguise, on January 23 – from £360pp
- Seven nights all-inclusive at Rio Playa Blanca in Playa Blanca, on January 16 – from £530pp
- Seven nights self-catering at Plaza Azul Apartments in Puerto Del Carmen, on January 23 – from £395pp
- Seven nights all-inclusive at TUI SUNEO El Trebol in Costa Teguise, on January 16 – from £503pp
- Seven nights all-inclusive at BlueBay Lanzarote in Costa Teguise, on January 16 – from £530pp
Long-haul holidays are also available in January, with a week in Orlando, including hotels, return flights, food, and drink coming in on an average of £860 per person – although we've found deals for just £686 for a week.
Other bargains were from Dubai (£600 average holiday cost for three-night stays) and Thailand (£1,096 average holiday cost on week-long stays).
Despite Jamaica having a percentage price fall of 24.8, it has the most expensive holiday prices of the bunch in January, as package holidays exceed £1,200.
We revealed the best – and hottest – short-haul holidays in November, with deals from £37.60pppn
We have also found the cheapest flights to top holiday destinations from £12 return, including Italy, Spain and USA.
Or for seaside UK holidays this autumn and winter, we found deals from £7pp a night.
Source: Read Full Article