BRITS looking for an alternative holiday destination this year should look to Iceland, which is on the travel green list.
Iceland is one of the most famous spots to see the Northern Lights, so there's no surprise there are already a lot of deals around.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue
On May 7, Grant Shapps announced the long-awaited list of where Brits can go on holiday without having to quarantine on their return.
Iceland was on the green list, along with 12 other destinations, including Gibraltar, Israel and Portugal.
The country's capital, Reykjavík, makes for a great city break, with plenty to see and do.
There's also the opportunity to see the Northern Lights – the most stunning natural phenomenon in the world and on many travellers' bucket list.
Some of the best deals to the country are:
- Easyjet Holidays 3-night breaks in June from £265pp
- BA Holidays 3-night breaks from £188pp
- Travelzoo 2-night break from £179pp
- Thomas Cook 3-night breaks July from £187pp
- Lastminute.com 3-night breaks from £191pp
- Love Holidays 3-night breaks from £211pp
The incredible light show can occasionally be seen in the night sky over Britain, typically during the Equinox and Solstice in March and April, as well as September and October.
Iceland is one of the best places to see the Northern Lights and the best season is from September to mid-April, when the months are full of dark nights.
This week’s best deals on holidays abroad
- Cheap Portugal holidays for June & July from £220pp
- Get Universal Orlando theme park tickets for adults at kids’ prices
- Gibraltar holidays from £105pp as country makes UK green list
- Cheap Portugal villa holidays and all inclusive hotels
- Flights for Portugal in June from £10
- TUI launches summer sale with £50 off Portugal hols or £100 off Greece & Malta
However, a holiday to see them doesn't have to cost a fortune.
There are plenty of trips to experience the Aurora Borealis available on a budget.
If you're looking for more foreign holiday inspiration, we've found cheap all inclusive holidays for this summer and there are many cheap package holidays.
For breaks in the UK, holiday parks are offering huge bargains and we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.
We've also rounded up great deals in the UK's warmest places and found the best kid-friendly beaches and England's best family-friendly seaside towns.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article