THE August bank holiday is the weekend after next and it is one of the last chances to enjoy a break with family before autumn arrives.
Taking place from 28 to 30 August, it might also be one of the last chances for some sunshine – with rumours of a last minute warm spell in the UK.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
Holiday companies across the country have got great value breaks that start from just £57 a night.
There are seaside escapes in Kent, Sussex, Cornwall, North Wales and more, as well as countryside escapes in Cumbria, Norfolk and Yorkshire.
Or if you're not after a holiday park or cottage break, there are hotel stays too – with bargains available from the likes of Booking.com and Premier Inn.
Some of the best deals are:
- Three nights at Craig Tara, Scotland from £184 per night
- Three nights at Haggerston Castle, Northumberland from £200 per night
- Three nights at Primrose Valley, Yorkshire from £200 per night
- Three nights at The Orchards, Essexfrom £200 per night
- Four nights at Allhallows, Kent from £89 per night
- Four nights at Combe Haven, Sussex from £79 per night
- Four nights at Presthaven, North Wales from £123 per night
- Three nights at Golden Anchor Caravan Park, Skegness from £93 per night
- Three nights at Sandylands, Scotland from £126 per night
- Three nights at Solway Holiday Village, Cumbria from £139 per night
- Four nights at Castaways, Norfolk from £96 per night
- Four nights at Marlie Holiday Park, Kent from £100 per night
- Four night Park Holidays breaks from £87 per night
- Four night Pontins breaks from from £57 per night
- Sykes Cottages 3-night breaks from £129 per night
- Holiday Cottages 3-night breaks from £142 per night
- Four night Shorefield Holidays breaks from £136 per night
- Parkdean Resorts breaks from £126 per night
- Booking.com hotel rooms from £73 per night
- Premier Inn rooms from £79 per night
August bank holiday weekend could be the last chance many of us have to enjoy a few days of summer fun at home.
Brits are already booking up breaks for the long weekend, with hopes of another spell of hot weather.
The weather has certainly been hard to predict so far this year, but the latest Met Office report says that from August 27 to September 10, there'll be higher than average pressure towards the west and southwest of the UK, producing a north-westerly flow.
This is likely to bring brighter and drier weather in the south-west but potentially more unsettled conditions in the north-west.
However, temperatures are likely to be near or slightly above average overall.
This week’s best UK travel deals
- Forest Holidays have 2022 treehouse breaks from £45pp a night
- Park Holidays has 2022 breaks from £209 per stay
- Parkdean Resorts launch 2022 holidays
- Camping pod breaks from just £30 a night
- Pontins has last minute holidays from £69
- Park Holidays have last minute school summer holiday breaks from £299
If you're looking for more staycation inspiration, we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.
There are also great UK coach trips for families and campsites with availability for summer.
Alternatively, we've found holiday park party weekenders, cheap staycation breaks with hot tubs and treehouse stays.
If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article